GL awards night

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Great ScottGreat Scott

I hope everyone is all prepared for the Golden Lion awards night.  I looked around to find a good caterer for this year, and it was a little disappointing because many of them have cut corners and started charging more for less.  So I decided to switch caterers.  On January 15, y’all will be catered to by the wonderful staff from the “Spew ‘n Chew team.  This is my cousin’s new catering service.  He says his fine cuisine is guaranteed to bring up a number of unusual talking points.

He did suggest that we keep away from the sea food, and anything with the word “meat” attached to it.  And forget about asking for a doggy bag: because that’s probably what you might find inside of it.  He said the bread sticks would be pretty safe to eat.  I asked him if he could provide us with some free stuff (we don’t want to go blowing out the BGD budget.)  He said the only FREE things he could provide were the salmonella — free bean dip and the Walmart plastic cutlery.  The rest we had to pay for — including the ambulance and the ER visit.  Nice cousin.  Very thoughtful.

I may not be able to be present on January 15, for the awards night, however, I hope everyone can make it or at least tune in.  If you can make it in person, then please get your booster shots done before the night, and make sure you have full medical cover.

Good luck to everyone who sent in their lists of posts for the LG and CC forums.  Judging is going to be difficult this year because of the number of quality entries in both forums.

If I can make it, then I hope to see you all on the night, and help hand out the awards.  🙂

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by John (BGD)John (BGD).
    JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

I won’t be present either. I wish I could be. I am working 2nd shift until probably next month.

But I will send over my grandma’s favorite celebration cookies made of bugs, mud and raisins. I know it will be a hit. I know John doesn’t do well with cookies. He might toss them, but it’s ok, others probably will be tossing cookies too.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Oh , I will be there with my Favorite birthday suit ! also if no one else shows that’s ok cause I treasure my own company good luck everybody !

cricketcricket
    Participant

lol.  Sounds like a good one.  I love salmonella with dip and mud bug cookies with raisins.  I’ll keep the 911 number handy for whatever happens!

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

I sadly will be asleep for the duration of the show, but I’ll be sure to watch the reruns, and possibly consume a rather less dangerous snack…… I was thinking about some nice crispy dried tarantulas with poison dart frog dip

cricketcricket
    Participant

Don’t forget to save some of that dip for your bow and arrow practice.

Participant

Ah good point, although you don’t practice with the tipped arrows, you only poison them once you gonna shoot something.

And if you manage to shoot a tarantula then you don’t even have to dip them…..

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

That dip can’t be too much worse than the gaucamole salsa dip I had the other night. That would make a horse eat it’s own bedding!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Ah, well, Gunnar, I can see you’ve had some experience with that sort of thing.  You could save a little money and just borrow some of Fred’s guacamole.

I remember last year I made my new treat that successfully replaced Snickers Bars for me…peanut butter “fudge,” with just peanut butter, walnuts, mashed pumpkin and honey.  Over the past year I’ve kept making it minus the honey…but, well for special occasions such as this…I think it’s gonna have to have honey.  Sounds like I’ll bring the best treat so far…lol.   I should make enough for everybody…might counteract all of that salmonella, poison, spiders, guacamole, etc.

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

I’m allergic to guacamole— so I’ll bring whatever happens to be handy, there’s been a lot of raccoons around if anyone is looking for something more substantial 🙂

Participant

Hmm, coon ain’t bad, but possum is better…..

I’d die if I was allergic to guacamole, I love it so much…

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Possum…gross

I wish I could be here tonight.  But I get home at mid-night to read all the fun.

I’m gonna also send some of grandpa’s secret special punch. I hope y’all enjoy.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh no, John…sorry you have to miss all the fun…but the punch…will we all be fumbling around slowly like with Johnny Don’t Get Drunk???

Kaeleigh…are you allergic to avocado?  Bummer.  I got lots of food allergies and ain’t fun.  It’s always stuff ya love too…lol…that ain’t fair.

I’ve heard old timers say raccoon tastes like dark turkey meat…we have so many raccoons around here it’d be easy enough to try and see…lol…but…supposedly ours carry lots of nasty diseases and I don’t think I’d wanna be butcherin’ them and have to worry whether I came in contact.

Possum…yeah that’s a good ‘un…they don’t carry those same diseases like raccoons do.

I saw a mama wild rabbit having babies once in a big storm here…just happened to look out the window during a really bad spring storm and saw her having problems…I ran out before thinking of course, and picked up the little “raw” babies and helped her get them in the little nest…she let me help and seemed happy…then I came back inside and suddenly remembered when you dress wild rabbit you are always supposed to wear gloves because of tularemia…”rabbit fever.”  One of my husband’s cousins died from that out of not wearing gloves as he skinned a rabbit.  So I was like…yikes…oh great…I did that and now I’m gonna die of rabbit fever!  Burt fortunately…that didn’t happen…I washed my hands good as soon as I got back inside.

Am I off topic?  Sorry.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Hello everyone, I am so pumped about the awards this evening. It is going to be a great show. We really over extended our budget last year with the big extravaganza uptown, so this year we will pull back a little bit with the venue but it will still be a great program. The festivities will begin around 7 o’clock p.m. in the Woodmen of the World building just off exit 32 on the frontage road. We share the building with the Sword of Joshua pentecostal holiness church, but I’m pretty sure they only have services every other Wednesday night. Brother Eddie Poovey still has not returned my calls.

Miss Sally Jackson, owner of Twinkletoes dance Studio, is supposed to be bringing her intermediate class for our pre-show entertainment. Sally will also be singing the National Anthem just before the program begins. Please plan to be there on time, attire is business casual. Thank you for bringing refreshments. You may want to bring a few extra in case we are sharing with Brother Poovey and his small flock. Come expecting! I know a fun time will be had by all!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Sounds like a night to remember!  Should I put shoes on?

Fiddle4meFiddle4me
    Participant

I’ll bring some grasshopper tacos!

cricketcricket
    Participant

They will go good with the noxious guacamole.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

I was a fixin ta bring my gran mammie’s favrit possum-gwakamoley kazeroll if’n i ken memmer. Hopen i dunt fergit.

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

Frederick, that sounds amazing— too bad I’m allergic 😉
    Cricket, I’m also allergic to cats— can’t say I’ve ever wanted to eat one— but I could bring a couple to the festivities, just for added entertainment 🙂

Fiddle4meFiddle4me
    Participant

I’m allergic to cats too.  I can eat guacamole though. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.