GO JOHN

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Angela
    Participant

Jumped in the truck heading to church this morning and look what was playing on the radio. Hopefully the picture will post.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Angela no picture , so could you describe and elaborate a little !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

um…what was it, Angela?

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

She’s keeping us all in suspenders….

I’ll guess………. he was playing a sunday hymn…maybe the Old Rugged Cross, …………….or Just Over in the Glory Land.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

My suspenders are about to pop/  Come back, Angela!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

You teaser, Angela!!!!!  Now I have to go the entire day guessing what it is.  Not fair!

Angela
    Participant

Sorry everybody…didn’t mean to be mean.  I was afraid the picture wouldn’t post.  I hoped it would, because it’s worth a thousand words.

I didn’t see all your suspenders, because I went over to a friend’s house to play music.

So, our truck has a free subscription to Sirius radio for a few months.  And, Sirius has a station called Bluegrass Junction.  And, on Sunday mornings, they have a segment called “The Gospel Train” where they play all gospel music. (are you still in suspenders?)

So, this morning, we jump in the truck, and the radio is tuned to Bluegrass Junction.  I almost didn’t turn it on, because I was trying to listen to a song on my phone I was playing with the church band today but didn’t know very well.  (are you still in suspenders?)

The truck has a screen on it that shows the song and the band that’s playing on the radio.  So I look up and what do I see, “THE COCKMAN FAMILY.”

The song is “Know That You Know.”  I yelled out to my husband (sitting right next to me), “LOOK!  It’s John’s family!”  We smiled all the way to church!

Now, that’s a great way to start a Sunday morning!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

He’s our guy!  My suspenders are finally relaxing a little now…that’s so cool.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

So, I asked my google speaker to play the Cockman family, and some tunes started playing…I don’t know if that was John’s family or if there’s another Cockman family?  It played ‘Were You There’, some banjo, guitar, fiddle mix…I don’t have a paid subscription to the music so I can only access the free stuff.  After the first tune, I think it just plays most anything from the same style of music, not necessarily what you asked for.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Haha Angela, thanks for listening! The image you sent is below.

Rodger, “Were You There” is one of our a cappella tunes. My brother Billy is singing the lead part.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Wow…famous musicians in our midst.  That’s so cool, John.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

It’s hard to believe it’s been 2011 since we made a recording! We have to get something new out to radio stations, lol.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Yes…time flys and you turn around like…hey, why haven’t I been doing A, B, or C?  You guys need to keep going…of course, if the rest of them are as busy as you are, no wonder.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in