Got a nasty suprize today

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Got a nasty suprize today

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

I was working on the civil war song Lorena today , I had just set my fiddle aside and started working the guitar chords to it and twisted some chords around that sounded pretty darn good on the chores that weren’t right but gave it a new twist , then suddenly I heard a pop and twang , My fiddle gut on the tail piece broke , so I had to gather my parts , put my guitar up , lucky I have extra parts so I got it back together again and I think it sounds better than it did before the mishap , So bad day turned into a good day !  That fiddle could of popped while I was playing that might of hurt depending on where the parts would have flown with the fiddle under my chin ! I guess my guardian angel was watching over me !

cricketcricket
    Participant

Wow…scary.  Are you gonna buy a new tailpiece or did you get it secure with the parts you had?

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

It was just the tail gut that broke nothing wrong with the tail piece the bridge was about 12 feet away , I have lots of parts from my experiments , part of learning how to work on and make changes to the violin ! So all is well .

cricketcricket
    Participant

That’s good!

Participant

Steve, love your outlook! Glad you could see the positive side of it. Definitely an example of counting your blessings! 🙂 💗

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Thanks all !

Great ScottGreat Scott

Super scary stuff, Steve. Glad you weren’t injured.  I hope you were able to remember those chords you created.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

That can really make your heart jump!

CaroleCarole
    Participant

Wow, Steve. I’m glad you weren’t injured. I’ve never had one of those let go like that. I had a viola bow spontaneously blow up the other day right after I finished playing, but not in an explosive manner.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.