Great lesson. . .almost postable lol

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Great lesson. . .almost postable lol

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fran h
    fran h
    Participant

Well, I have had a couple of really good fiddle lessons recently. My teacher, Dewey Brown, is really good friends with Nathan Aldridge, who happens to be the new fiddle player for IIIrd time out, A real popular bluegrass group. I don’t know how many have heard of them. So Nathan has even sat in and played in 2 of my lessons. Not to mention that I went to 2 jams and Nathan was there. Nathan showed me this really cool thing one lesson about a kickoff to a song. I learned it, but I am not sure what to do with it. I need to figure that out. But last lesson we did Orange Blossom Special. I have been working on it for months and it needs months more of work, but it is just a really cool thing to play with them two. Dewey was on guitar and Nathan on banjo, and even though I didn’t play well, it was fun. So my husband recorded it and I really wanted to post it, but when we got home, wonderful husband (I do love him) had the camera on photo and not video. Oh well, maybe next time

Angela
    Participant

Wow…I think Nathan is amazing…especially to be as young as he is.  It is sooo cool that you get to be surrounded with those two talents.  I am quite green with envy.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Nathan is an awesome fiddler! Man I wish hubby had gotten that video! You should post the kickoff for us!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in