Great Scott what I bought with the award Strings and things

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Strings and Things Great Scott what I bought with the award Strings and things

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Great Scott Great Scott 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Great Scott ,With my $25.00 Fiddleman gift , I bought some Magic Rosin ,From Fiddle man , one of the regular 3G and one ultra which was $31.98 , I have not used it because I have been busy learning new tunes , and also brushing up on the ones I already know ,  just to keep them fresh , Also I have a abundance of rosins and did not really need any rosins , but I have a crazy rosin accession , been collecting rosins over the last almost two years and am planning on building a shadow box to show off my rosin collection , now I have about 21 different rosins , Ha ! I think I am losing all reason my favorite brand is Andrea rosins , I will break out a spare bow and put these rosins to the test then update this thread , in a few days . ok not a few days the 3G rosin compared to Andrea it plays well more dust the size of the cake of rosin which I was told it was a full cake of rosin the Andrea rosin is three times larger twice as thick and bigger around so magic rosin is actually more expensive and one third the size of Andrea  full cake $32.00 three times bigger , the magic ultra rosin is more grabby than the Magic 3G they are both one third the size of a full cake of Andrea , So $31.98 for two cakes of magic rosin that both together is still one third smaller than one full cake of Andrea rosin for $32.00 the bottom line they don’t work any better than Andrea and more expensive than Andrea ?????

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

Bought some rosin and a new micro-tuner with my gift certificate.

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

I purchased a Salchow rosin and a sound post tool; both of which proved to be good choices. I’m grateful to Dr. John for his generosity towards all of us and continue to be excited each and every day to go online and see what all my internet friends have been up to, etc.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I bought two rosins among other things with mine.  One was for my grandson, who takes beginning violin class, classic style violin, not fiddle…lol…as he always reminds me when i accidently call his a fiddle.  He’s like you, Steve…he’s totally obsessed with Rosins…I’ve supplied him with various types beause he goes wild over them and he and I even melt down cheapies that come with cheap instruments, or cracked rosins his friends in class give him.  We’ve melted them down into all kinds of weird rosins, and I think I mentioned before he had this idea to use chopsticks to make what he called portable rosin sticks…lol.  He was proud of that one and tooks some to all of his classmates…so who knows how many of those kids have Roro’s invented chopstick/rosin stick in their case.  He melts down some kids’ broken up rosins and takes them back, repaired, shiny and like new again. He wanted me and him to make our own rosin from trees, but I just couldn’t find enough sap around here in our woods, etc., thank goodness…because i”m not sure I’m up for that experiment.  Anyway, I got him the Magic Rosin because I knew he’d go wild over that.  I got me the gold-flecked…it’s the most grippy rosin I have, and I do like it a lot.  Nice stuff.  I mainly prefer lighter rosins.  I think the cello does better with the darker ones, though, but I haven’t played it much and really just don’t know how.  Not trying to jabber on and hijack the thread, but just got going on about rosins.  Seems rosin tends to be something people can just get really fascinated with.  Anybody ever made their own?

Anyway…once again, I need to say it again: very generous of this site, John, Scott, and Fiddlerman, to do what it takes to make arrangements to give out prizes like that.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by cricket cricket.
    Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

Huge chunk of fiddle rosin lands on Fred’s desk perhaps from outer space! Maybe it’s kryptonite although it’s not green in color.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

That is a large chunk of rosin , Bring your fiddle near it and see if it starts singing !

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

I bought a fiddlerman CF bow, a D’addario ns micro tuner, and a set of D’addario prelude strings. All of which came out to $100, my gift card took care of half the order, so thanks, John, Scott, and Pierre!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Than you all for telling us all what you bought with your gift certificates.  Very kind of you all to drop by.  Seems like a few here have a rosin addiction.  Perhaps we should  start up a “RA” = “Rosinholics Anonymous” forum.  LOL.

Fred, maybe you could create your own brand of rosin and call it Kryptonite Rosin.

In all, I am chuffed that you all bought some great goodies.  🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.