Guess who

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Joe 2 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Joe
    Participant

Had a recent good time at a Bluegrass Festival in Wagoner Oklahoma last weekend. Can anyone guess who is in the pic with me?

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by  Joe. Reason: added pic

Joe
    Participant

hmmm upside down for some reason.

Angela
    Participant

Rhonda Vincent???

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Uhhhh!   Jenna J….?

Joe, I copied and reversed your photo and posted it.  I couldn’t delete the first upside-down pic; hence, the two photos. But at least we can see her pretty face better now.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Looks like somebody I worked with in the library who later went on to study to become a horse chiropractor for those million dollar race horses they got in central Kentucky…but I’m sure it can’t be her…lol.

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Yep, definitely Rhonda Vincent. (see pic below)

I think you nailed it, Angela.  A green Toyyoda for you!  🙂

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Okay, I’m changing my answer.

Joe, it’s Rhonda Vincent.  A red Toyyoda for MEEEEEeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!  🙂

Joe
    Participant

Ha yep it is Queen of Bluegrass herself Rhonda Vincent. She is a super nice person.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Congratulations, Joe.  How’d you get ahold of her?  Sorry guys, but I’ve never known anything about professional or famous people, except for what I’ve learned here…some of the famous fiddlers whose styles were exemplified on here.  I grew up under a rock.  Anyway, Joe, congrats on getting up and close with a music major leaguer.

Joe
    Participant

Cricket she was at a free yes free Bluegrass Festival about 25 miles from me. It was an awesome event with 3 stages going full time for a day and a half. Numerous groups played.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Sounds like a great time, Joe!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Awesome photo, Joe! She is a pretty lady and a great musician and singer. I’m glad you had a great festival!

Joe
    Participant

Thanks. We saw a group called the Cleverlys and besides be extremely talented musicians they made everyone laugh throughout their show. If you get a chance to see em live go do it.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

She looks exactly like somebody I used to work with who is now a horse chiropractor, as I mentioned earlier…amazing resemblance.

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

Hi Joe: That’s wonderful that you got a chance to meet Rhonda. She’s a wonderful lady and extremely talented. So are her children and their husbands.

I first met Sherry Berry at the Red Barn in Unicoi, Tennessee. From becoming friends with her, I got the chance to meet, get to know and fiddle with her son, Hunter. He is married to Rhonda’s daughter, Sally who is a very talented vocalist in her own right. From there I met her other daughter, Tensel and eventually, when she married, her husband Brent Burke. They are all amazing people in so many ways. I see them from time to time when they’re in town for church in Siam, a little community within the boundaries of Elizabethton, TN.

Certain times of the year, when things slow down a bit, I get to jam with Hunter and whoever is with him at the time. Now that’s a blast!

Joe
    Participant

Hunter is definitely a good fiddler.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in