Guess who’s having a Birthday today?

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Guess who’s having a Birthday today?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Great ScottGreat Scott

Guess who’s having a Birthday today? Yep, you guessed it: the old man BGD (John) himself turned 36 (again) today. (Yeah, right!) So what do you give an old man who has everything? You give him this . . .

https://youtu.be/e-_xhn_PhSY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Old Bean!

cricketcricket
    Participant

That’s a nice gift there for him, Scott!  Happy Birthday, John.   Hope somehow you can have people, with or without masks and gloves…celebrating with you.  Thanks for all you do for us here…hope you blow out all the candles and have some yummy cake!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thank you so much! It was a bittersweet day. I attended a social distancing graveside service for Larry Pruitt, an older friend whom I have known and made music with all my life. He passed away from cancer last Friday. I did get to see old friends and family today, which was very nice. I hope you all are staying well! Thank you for the birthday video, Great Scott, it really picked me up!

Participant

Happy Birthday John

Participant

Happy BD John

Participant

Happy birthday John…but sorry to hear the loss of your friend. This is a terrible time to lose friends because of the distancing. I’ve had to watch several services for loved ones of friends that were broadcast online.

IcebikeIcebike
    Participant

Happy Birthday – have a great day! Every day, every year is a real gift.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Happy Birthday, John. 🙂

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

Happy birthday Mr. Cockman!
    Sorry for your loss

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Happy Birthday Mr. Cockman! You have the same birthday as my mom and one of my brothers….

Very sorry to hear that your friend passed away

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

https://youtu.be/c5Kpxqj_7ys

Happy Birthday John. 🙂

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thank you all. And Fred, that was amazing!!! You made my day.

Participant

Awesome Fred!

cricketcricket
    Participant

OH, I almost missed that.  That was very cool, Fred!

John, sorry you lost a friend on your birthday…and social distancing on your birthday…the birthdays are complicated right now.  Hope all in all it had more good to it than bad.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

John, You’re awesome. You do us all a wonderful service in teaching us to fiddle. You have a wonderful Bluegrass site, including an awesome forum to exchange ideas, etc. You have a wonderful family. I’m very happy to know you from this site and still look forward to the eventual day (I hope) that I can meet you in person and maybe attend the Tuesday thing-a-ma-jig in the park.

Thank You, Angela. I had fun recording it. I tried it in the key of G first but decided on A where I could use a little drone-ing once in a while. 🙂

Thanks, Peggy. I appreciate it. 🙂

Fiddle4meFiddle4me
    Participant

Happy Birthday, Mr. Cockman!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.