Guitar pro

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

jasonguitarj
    Participant

Guitar pro is a great practice tool. If any one is interested I can post these lessons via guitar pro on this site

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

What does guitar pro do?

jasonguitarj
    Participant

You can slow it down, speed it up, put difficult sections on loops. The loops can be adjusted easily for speed control allowing for a zero increase in speed to any increment you like.  In addition, the tabs can be modified by any user. For example, I post the violin tab, at a latter date another member can add in guitar tracks, and another mandolin. The tabs can be modified by the bluegrass daddy community to create a fully tabbed song. My explanation is probably lacking, but I am sure a you tube search for guitar pro would be revealing.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

sounds cool

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Is it like a software package you buy?

jasonguitarj
    Participant

Yes it is. I have been using it for over a decade now. It is kinda expensive, version seven at 75 us dollars, but it will last you for a very long time. A 30 day trial version is available.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I never heard of it, but sure sounds interesting…if you wanna share some of the stuff it might be fun.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Guitar Pro is good but I prefer TablEdit for fiddle. It’s more versatile and does fiddle tabs really well.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I like tab as a reference but I never got to where I could rely on it entirely.

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

I use Tabledit for tabbing also. Amazing slow-downer for listening.

jasonguitarj
    Participant

Ah, Mr John Cockman. I absolutely love your website and lessons. I use it every day. I am hoping to generate interest in guitar pro as a community project. Different instruments can be added easily to the song and different takes on the fiddle can be added. Not only can you practice the fiddle, you could practice the guitar and bass for the song. Another thing is that in your example tracks, you often get fancier than the tabs you offer. I am hoping that some kind soul would be able to tab those variations into the guitar pro as well.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Jason, that sounds like a great project.

kjdebolt
    Participant

I am interested – although thus far I have only posted once.  I agree with Jason that often you do get fancier that the tabs and I can’t always figure out what you are Playing.  I think this could be fun.  I bought amazing slowdowner and I love it!  I love this website and the people on it.

jasonguitarj
    Participant

how do i post a gp tab on here?

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Wordpress is finicky with the files it allows for uploads. I would have to try to modify the code. You can email it to me if you’d like, and I will link it. I think that would be great.

Currently BluegrassDaddy is not open-source. However, if the market starts going that way, I would likely use Band in a Box and TablEdit as my platform.

I have thought about creating a second-tier membership that includes support for BIAB files and the Tabledit TEF files, and also an option for Skype lessons. That may definitely be something for the future!

Joe
    Participant

yippee support for BAIB all for that. What about a buy, sell,  or swap link for Bluegrass Daddy.

jasonguitarj
    Participant

John your link has disappeared, can you repost it?

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Justin, you can email it to john@bluegrassdaddy.com. Is that the link you meant?

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Got it! Here are two Guitar Pro files from Jason. I’ve been on the road this weekend but I look forward to checking them out.

Apples in Winter

Bill Cheatum

jasonguitarj
    Participant

to adjust the speed go to the looped blue arrows. There you can easily increase or decrease your speed settings. To repeat loop a difficult part right click mouse over the section you want to work on and press the blue loop button and adjust the speed to your liking.

jasonguitarj
    Participant

I have not figured out how to tab in the nuances of Johns playing but it is decent for a practice tool.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

It really is! I opened these on my computer and I can appreciate the work that went into it. Folks, if you want to try Guitar Pro for free so you can open Jason’s files, here is where to download it:

https://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=download

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in