Halloween Fun: Submit your pix, vidz, and stories.

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Halloween Fun: Submit your pix, vidz, and stories.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Great Scott Great Scott 14 hours ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Great Scott
    Great Scott

For the past three years, BGD has celebrated Halloween in a really fun way.  2015 was (I think) our very first celebration of Halloween Here at BGD; and we had some great contributions from John and myself, as well as other fabulous contributions from Angela, Ann (1943), Boerge, Gu, PeggyS, and Rock. But we really missed not seeing our other friends here joining in the fun and sharing their videos etc; and taking part in such a BOO!-tiful celebration. With Halloween this year being around just 5 weeks away, we thought it would be good to invite EVERYONE to come and take part by posting your All Hallows Eve offerings right here in the “Lion’s Den”… where only BGD members can view them.

For this year, we’re kicking it up a notch and inviting you to post:
    — A video of you, your family, your friends playing a Hallween–ish / creepy — type song or tune.

— A video of you and others acting out a creepy skit (remember to use fake blood.)
    — A creepy Story (true or fiction)

— A creepy Poem.

— Bake a creepy–looking cake; make a creepy toy; dress up in something creepy; dress your pet or your fiddle in something creepy… and submit a picture of it.
    (This post is getting a little too creepy for me!)

Feel free to lose your head and dress up for the occasion while presenting your offering.  I am sure the creatures in the underworld will really appreciate you doing this.

So, come on, all you ghouls and gals; what are you waiting for: start thinking about what you would like to scare us with for this year’s Halloween.  Oh, I get it!  You’re waiting to know what the prize is going to be for your offering.  Well, we wouldn’t want you to go to all that trouble of creating something creepy and not be reward you for it.  So, I am pleased to announce that the winner of the best Halloween submission for 2018 will receive the BGD Halloween award of…

— A 3 nights stay in a haunted doll house.

— A one year pass to the blood bank of your choice (withdrawals only). *Fees may apply

— A free howling lesson form a real Werewolf.

— A bowl of Mexican ghoulash (much spicier than Hungarian Ghoulash).

— And a year’s worth of cobwebs.

And if that ain’t enough to entice you to submit something creepy, then I don’t know what will.     Wishing you all lots of scary fun!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Oops!  I just scared myself.   🙁

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Thanks Great Scott! It’s time once again for the favorite holiday of the great headless one! I was just remembering the glory of Halloween 2015, and missing Gu and Rock (and others).

https://bluegrassdaddy.com/forums/topic/fun-halloween-project/

I think my creepy song entry this year will be “Darby’s Castle” by the Country Gentlemen, and I may even give a try to “Frost on the Pumpkin” by Kenny Baker!

Here with the kids at home we skip the ghoulish side of the holiday (Morgen is especially sensitive to scary faces as a result of childhood abuse before she came to us). Instead we celebrate “Reformation Day,” since it was on All Soul’s Eve (October 31st, 1517) that Martin Luther nailed his 95 Thesis to the church door in Wittenberg, thus sparking the inventions of both the tack AND the bulletin board.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

we usually keep things more chocolaty than spooky…i could play the nestles quick theme song, maybe.

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Thanks, John for you very subtle reminder that I forgot to include a few people in my original 2018 Halloween thread.  I have amended that thread to now include Angela, Ann (1943), Boerge, Cricket (I think), Gu, PeggyS, and Rock. 

To all these great people, I am truly sorry for forgetting to initially include your names in my 2018 Halloween thread. Thanks to John’s subtle reminder, I have now amended that thread to include your names: and thanks to John posting the link to our very first Halloween celebration, we can all take a trip down Memory Lane (avoiding Freddy Kruger) and enjoy ourselves as we relive (pardon the pun) those fabulous moments.

I sometimes have a little difficulty these days remembering certain events (don’t make me appear before the US senate) due to rushed Internet visits, traveling, and the fact that I really have no cognitive skills on account that I am cranially challenged  And, yes:  I used to ride a horse.   🙂

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Did you leave for head someplace, Scott?

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I’ve already got the year’s supply of cobwebs…lol.  I might take the howling lesson…I could use some help with that.  Chihuahuas are good at yapping lessons, but they ain’t much good with the howling.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I was thinking this year I might carve a jack-o-lantern or two…recent years i can’t stand the thought of throwing food out…so I just scrape a design on pumpkins and that way I can still bake and mash and freeze them for use throughout the wintertime.  I was thinking i really should go whole hog this year and actually ruin a pumpkin or two…the local groundhogs would love me for it…the ruins would be delicious for them to get their little bitty paws into and sink those groundhog teeth into.  They call me groundhog, ya know…so…well, I know what I’m talkin’ bout here.

Great Scott
    Great Scott

That sounds great, Cricket!  Good idea!  I was thinking that maybe this year I could carve me up a pumpkin and actually wear it:  t;ain;t nothing as good as going incognito during Halloween.  The only thing that will give me away is that I will be the only suave — looking guy walking on all fours

Jeeze, Louise!  No entries have been submitted yet, and already you’re picking your prizes.  LOL!.  That said, I am glad you think you would enjoy the howling lesson… from a REAL Werewolf.  There is nothing on this planet that lulls me into slumber more than the sound of a howling Werewolf.  Howling doesn’t just mean that they are communicating with their own kind way off in the distance:  it also means that they are hungry and ready to dine.  And what do Werewolves eat, I hear you ask?  Little lady fiddle players from SE Kentucky, my dear, that’s what they eat!

AhhhhhWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO000000000000000!!!!!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Yes, Cricket:  I Left My Heart in San Francisco and My Head on the Train Tracks in the Republic of Congo. That’s the title of my new album.   🙂

Actually, early onset of Alzeimer’s.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Whoa…sounds like some serious side effects…

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well what about little lady fiddler from southeastern kentucky who eat a lot of:

GARLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

*** Heavy sigh! ***

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Werewolves simply LOVE garlic.  In fact, every Werewolf actually has his or her (they are mostly male) very own garlic patch.  It’s those blood thirsty Vampires that detest garlic.  So kiddies, remember to always gargle with a good mouthwash before you give blood… to a Vampire.

AhhhhhWWWWWWoooooooooooooooo!!!!!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Oh boy am I in trouble.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

It’s easier for GS to lose his head than for the rest of us. Now that he no longer rides a horse, sometimes he accidentally leaves it sitting on the car seat and goes in shopping without it. Very disturbing for the locals!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Oh yeah…that’s so twisted, Scott!

Edmo45
    Edmo45
    Participant

Here is a Halloween themed Video, Scott…

Theme song from Harry Potter…Hedwig’s Theme

• This reply was modified 17 hours ago by Edmo45 Edmo45.
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Very nice, Ed!  I never saw the movie but it sounds a little bit wizardry or something…lol.  Great job playing it…the last note was absolutely done beautifully…nice job!  I liked it a lot.

Edmo45
    Edmo45
    Participant

Thank you, so much, Cricket! I am really trying to get better, at my Bowing…

• This reply was modified 17 hours ago by Edmo45 Edmo45.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Ed, that’s really cool! I merged the two posts in order to consilidate the comments. 🙂  That is definitely a fun one for Halloween — I had not thought about Harry Potter themes but what a great idea!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Ed you get A + for being the first to submit a Halloween tune!

Edmo45
    Edmo45
    Participant

LoL….Wow, an A+! Awesome…

And, thanks John…I just wasn’t sure which way, to go, with posting it. I figured you all would straighten it out…😉

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Ed, You old wizard, you!!!!!  What can I say but “Supercoolnificent!!!!!” That’s a word combo of Super.  Cool. and Magnificent.  Congrats on starting off the Halloween offings with this magical little number.  Great playing and bow control.

Okay, now for me to make myself disappear (again) by saying the magic words and waving my magic wand … and using a sprinkle of woofle dust… “Hocus pocus, fiddly ocus, alakazzo alakawon’t.  Now you see me, now you don’t.”  POOF!!!!  Gone in a cloud of chemspray!   🙂

Great Scott
    Great Scott

JC observed…

“It’s easier for GS to lose his head than for the rest of us. Now that he no longer rides a horse…”

These days I ride a poor little pony.  But thankfully for his sake, I am 10 lbs lighter without my head.

And yes, Cricket: it IS pretty twisted.  Nothing worse than leaving your head on the front car seat in the heat and returning to find it all bent out of shape and twisted.  Very scary; especially for the children.  Plastic heads are okay in the cold but when it comes to warm climates they are simply too pliable.  🙁

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in