Hello from France

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar John (BGD) 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bellastriker819
    bellastriker819
    Participant

Hello everyone,

The fiddle and I made it to Toulouse France.  Traveling with it as a carry on was ok.  If I had an expensive fiddle I don’t think I would risk it though.   The rubber bridge mute is working great in the hotel,  I haven’t been kicked out yet anyway ;).

I was advised not to go into town yesterday because of the yellow vest protesters and when I finally did go out for dinner the police in riot gear were still around and you could tell the had either been tear gas or pepper spray used as a crowd deterrent.

Other than that the trip has been great so far.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Is this a vacation?  Hope y’all have fun. Yeah, I’d avoid those tear gas situations, and concentrate on the good cheeses and pastries…lol.  Glad your mute is allowing some hotel hoe-downs for you in your travels.

Joe
    Participant

Be safe. I guess playing fiddle in a French hotel room would be pretty safe.

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Please tell my daughter that Paris isn’t like it was in the old movies so she’ll stop begging to go there! :)  I hope you have a great time. One of my band-mates made music for years at Euro Disney and really loves Paris. You should get your fiddle out at the Paris Metro and try to make enough money busking to pay for your flight!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.