Help finding the tune "Blind Horse in the Wilderness"

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums General Help Forum Help finding the tune "Blind Horse in the Wilderness"

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by rodger rodger 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

My father, 84 years young now, recently acquired  HIS fathers old fiddle.   As a child he remembers his dad playing a tune called “Blind Horse in the Wilderness”  I’ve not been able to find any reference to it and thought someone here may have heard it.   I’ve been taking lessons and playing for my father on his dads old fiddle and I’d love to find that tune.

Thanks!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Sorry I came up empty . I hope you find it , a lot of old songs had different names depending on the area a person is from , also because they mostly played by ear the songs would morph into something different .

Thanks Steve!  I appreciate the response.  It was about 75 years ago when he was listening to his dad play that old fiddle so it may well have been named something different.   Dad said that was one of his fathers favorite songs.  Just keeping my fingers crossed I can track it down.  Thanks again!  Much appreciated.

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

I wonder if it was “The Old Grey Mare Came tearing out of the Wilderness”?

Thanks!  I’ll play that link for him and find out!  Again I appreciate the help!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Hope you find it! It sounds like it could have been a “tounge in cheek” title, perhaps for the tune called “Yearlings in the Canebreak.”

Thanks John, he said no..  didn’t sound like it..  “had some finger pickin in it”  😉

according to my dad..   I really appreciate the help though.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Don’t give up … I always had the Hump Back Mule song stuck in my head from before I can remember as a kid, but just a few lines of it.  I always went around singing it, but began to wonder if it was really a real tune or not.  Till, lo & behold it came up on youtube…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in