Help! Weird G String Problem

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Strings and Things Help! Weird G String Problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

On Monday I upgraded 2 of my strings: G and E to new D’addario Kaplan Amos.  The E string works perfectly but the G string has this really weird problem.

When played in the open position the tuning is correct but all other positions are almost a 1/2 note flat on that G string.  I compared with all other strings in the exact position but this is the only one which does that.

For example I tried playing the A note, on the G string but in the position I only get a G#.  I tried the D string in the exact fingering position but its correct my e string works correct.

Would anyone know what to do?

Also in the picture, if you can see there are some whitish dings in the string (this is not rosin).  Could that also cause this problem?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by AvatarNsam19.
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

It could possibly be that the winding is stretched or broken. I’m afraid you are going to have to get a new string! Maybe you could return it.

cricketcricket
    Participant

That’s someting I’ve never seen happen.  I like changing all strings at once or else it all feels unbalanced or something to me.  But of course that doesn’t sound like the problem…I guess what John said…must be something defective in the string itself.  Hope you can get a new string.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

What John said talk to the people you bought them from about a replacement string .

Participant

Thank you everyone,
    I ordered from Amazon so i spoke with them, it may be due to the string being warped.  They shipped me 2 new ones.  I’m waiting on those to arrive to see how it plays

Nancy BitterNancy Bitter
    Participant

I am having the same problem with a new set of D’adario as well.  I ordered mine on amazon too!

Participant

I would just contact Amazon support via the live chat or phone and explain the problem.  They’d either replace it or put you in contact with Daddario

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.