Help! YouTube blocked my video

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Help! YouTube blocked my video

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Hey guys I need some help. I just uploaded a video of myself playing hotel California on guitar, (fingerstyle, no singing) and it’s been blocked by YouTube. What should I do? There’s a bunch of similar videos I’ve seen that aren’t blocked, and I want mine unblocked. I don’t monetize, and I’m lucky to get twenty views. Any suggestions?

cricketcricket
    Participant

Do you have a link so somebody can look and see if it’s really blocked from a viewer?

cricketcricket
    Participant

I’ve gotten warnings from youtube before…like when I recoreded one instrument with my cell phone and then recorded over my own youtube with another instrument…but viewers could watch…they just had some warning that I was violating groundhog peggy’s youtube or something.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh wait, I just found it in my email…they won’t let me watch because it was blocked by soemthing or other publishing.  I guess it’s safer to stay with traditional tunes or something.  I’ve done some Jean Ritchie songs and it went on…I guess if that particular publisher got onto youtube about that song, you’re just not allowed to do it.  That’s frustrating, isn’t it?  Especially since you’re not trying to rake in money or anything.

Participant

Here’s a link

It’ll probably say video unavailable

Participant

I posted this in the other thread, but I’ll post here too

It was blocked under the content ID, which technically is a compliment, cuz it means i played it well enough to be recognized by a computer. Anyway, YouTube filed the claim on behalf of the owners, and apparently they can either: do nothing (would that make my video unblocked? No clue), or they can monetize my video (which would be pointless since I don’t get many views), or they could ask me to stop, or they can take the video down. It’s frustrating, but hopefully it’ll get resolved soon

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

You need to appeal to YouTube that this is you singing a cover of the song.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

You need to appeal to YouTube that this is you singing a cover of the song.

Participant

I wasn’t singing, I play it instrumental. How do I appeal though?

cricketcricket
    Participant

The only way I’ve ever been able to figure out how to do anything on youtube was to watch youtube videos on how to do whatever on youtube…so…I’d say hunt for a video on youtube showing how to appeal a blocked video on youtube and see if somebody can point out the steps you need to take.  That’s where I’d start, anyway.

Participant

Yeah, that’s probably what I’ll have to do

Participant

Well I managed to submit an appeal, the copyright holders now have thirty days to review it

Participant

If you played well enough to get blocked, I’d like to say “congatulations” 🙂

Participant

Thanks Terry, I’ve been thinking the same ??

cricketcricket
    Participant

What a compliment from youtube, hey?

Participant

Well, it’s been unblocked, I had disputed the claim, and today someone commented on the video, calling it to my attention. I’ll post it on my alliterated G thread for guitar

cricketcricket
    Participant

Cool…congrats, Gunnar!  I saw it was up there when I just put up my rock bustin’ video…lol.  Gottta run back out to work but I can’t wait until I get time later to watch yours.

cricketcricket
    Participant

I’m glad you finally got your video up…lots of work in that one, for sure.  If I didn’t know better, i’d think you’ve been playing guitar for a lot more years than your age!  Really nice playing!

Great ScottGreat Scott

I’ve said it a million times before:  YT sucks!!!  They are a bunch of twats!

Gunnar, if you want to post your stuff on a truly great site then create an account over at Vimeo.com

This is a website for creative people:  People making music, people playing music, film makers, etc… all kinds of artistic people posting stuff on Vimeo.  John posts his vidz on his Vimeo page.  Ed posts his vidz there as well.

So, if you are the creative type…

VIMEO WANTS YOU!

You might also like to look at Dailymotion.com as an alternative to the “UselessTube”.

I really shouldn’t suggest them because they deleted my account and never told me why the deleted it.  I think they got all hot and flustered when I posted my “Teddy’s Head” video clip.  All original content by me.  It was a smidgen frightening but some might say that those people who own the daily motion are a bunch of sissies and couldn’t handle it — bless their little hearts.

The UselessTube?????? Seriously!  Why do people keep posting their vidz on there a keep putting up with all their bully boy, draconian tactics.  I don’t support monsters who want to rule the world.

Participant

Thanks Cricket!

Scott, unfortunately YouTube is ubiquitous and they already rule the world. I might make a vimeo account, I’ll think about it, but it probably will have to wait till I’m back in the states.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.