How do I load an audio file from iTunes

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums General Help Forum How do I load an audio file from iTunes

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

I’d like to be able to post audio files but I’m not computer literate enough to figure out how to do that. I can’t get an audio file from iTunes to load to YouTube and then post it here. Anyone able to steer me in the right direction?

Thanks, in advance. Fred

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Fred, if you have the audio file on your hard drive it would be easier I think, but it sounds like you don’t?

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

Yes, Rodger, I have it on my hard drive. I loaded a CD to iTunes, but I’m lost from that part on.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

You need to convert them into mp3s ( mine go on as WAV files from my presonus) while in itunes-itunes will convert them to mp3…then put the mp3 into a folder…next, check mp3 properties and see how long it is…like 2:45 or however long…then go onto video maker or whatever it’s called that comes with Windows…add a photo from computer…just download any ol photo…copy the photo and paste it on over and over again until the time underneath the photo matches your audio time…then add music from computer…go to the mp3 folder and pick out the mp3…video maker will then add the music underneath all those copies of the picture you pasted…save it as the title of the song…then save it for computer…hop onto youtube and hit the liitle movie camera on the upper right…then choose upload and go to the pictures folder or whever your video maker saved it…pick the still movie you just made with an mp3…youtube takes mp3s but not WAV files.  That’s problsbly not what you were asking…but hey, I’m such a technical dummy and I’m so proud I know this much…lol…had to share.  That’s how I do it anyway…lol.  Let me know if I wasn’t clear…or if it wasn’t what you were asking…sorry…but this is ALL I know how to do on a computer…lol.  Nothing else.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by cricket cricket.
    fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

Peggy has it about right.

it’s close to the same on a mac except I just drag & drop everything

I don’t use folders…just stick it on the desktop and trash it after I’m finished uploading to youtube.

If you have too much trouble, give me a link to the file and I’ll get it up for you.

Dave

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Ok, if you were uploading a video it would be simple, but since the audio file has no video that makes it a problem, so you have to link the audio to a picture to upload to youtube.

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

Actually the easiest way to get a MP3 posted here is to put it on Google Drive or Dropbox and post the link here.

roger’s correct…you can just use a picture and match the length to the audio…

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Yes, if you don’t have a video, just an mp3 file, it’s easier not to use youtube, since youtube has to have a visual background with it. But it’s also nice to do it like Cricket does with a picture, just takes more work.  Fred you have a website, and you could just upload the mp3 to your website and post a link here to connect to it.  As long as you get the url correct, you don’t even have to put it on a web page, just get the url address correct for the file.  For instance, my website is arcticoutreach.org   So if I upload an mp3 in a folder on my server called ‘music’.  I could link direct to that file and it might look like this:  http://www.arcticoutreach.org/music/clodhopperwaltz.mp3 (or whatever).  Then you post that link here and that’s all it would take.

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

Thanks, everybody. I’ll begin the arduous task shortly. I want to do it in a YouTube channel that I just made so that I can feature a song at a time for the whole CD. (Each track will be it’s own YouTube video).

I may wait until I get back to Arkansas where I’ve got my new Windows 10 computer. This old XL is not updated for beans. lol

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Fred…my daughter and I made a CD once and we used the picture on the front of the CD to be the “video” portion to go along with our tracks on the CD…I was gonna put the whole CD on youtube but always run short on time…but anyway, just any photo will do. I do it on Windows 10.  We had a really old klunky computer, then it crashed in the middle of when I was limping through the opera music for my daughter’s opera project…we had to get a new one or forget the opera in the middle…yikes on that unexpected expense, but it seems to work out better for everything.

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

Yes, I plan to use the CD cover as the picture for my YouTube video. I’m going to wait ’til I get back to my good computer to post anything. This XP is just about shot at this point.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Give a holler out here if you run into trouble with it…hopefully some of us can help.

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

Thanks Cricket and everyone else. I’ve figured it out at a basic level and I posted an original piece of music which has some banjo used in a cinematic classical/Bluegrassy way. It’s in the Composer’s Corner.

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

Here you go…

Jay – henge

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Rodger, that link didn’t work for me… Or was it just a random example? I was actually looking forward to hearing the Clodhopper Waltz!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Congratulations, Fred…I liked the one you put up on youtube so far…good stuff.  Great you included a banjo!

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Well, John my plan was collaborate with Fred on that.  See, if he writes the words & music and I write the most important part -the Title – then we could go partners on the loot it brings it.  But, I don’t think he has the time, so the world will just have to wait a while for the ‘Clodhopper Waltz’.  Sorry.  But if you want to see it danced, even though it’s not written, I could arrange that.

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

Rodger, you’ve got a wonderful sense of humor! I’m now wondering how to write a waltz that would allow space for a “Clodhopper”. This reminds me of the way I would waltz if, in fact, I dared get out on the dance floor; an event seldom undertaken by me! lol

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I tried to dance, several different times, but…nuh=uh…no.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

I’m much better on the fiddle than on the dance floor!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in