How Great Thou Art

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar John (BGD) 3 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

“How Great Thou Art” by special request for DavidB. This lesson has both a beginner version and the Chubby Wise break.

How Great Thou Art

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Thanks John, I really enjoyed How Great Thou Art. It is one of my all time favorites. I Liked Chubby Wise version too but the beginner version is the one that reminds me of church.
    It is the hymns that I really want to learn. We used to have a trio, from my church, that went around to nursing homes, I hope to get that started again!

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Rock that sounds fantastic. I hope you are able to do that.

David B
    Participant

Hey John,
    I can never thank you enough. This is so awesome and way beyond my expectations.
    I thought I was doing great with the tab until you finished the lesson. I really love both versions. I also love your fiddle. I have a 65 year old brother who is mentally retarded, this is one of his favorite songs, he sings this all the time for us, cant wait to play it for him. Thanks again for all you do!
    David

Goldberry
    Participant

What a great lesson and one of my favorite hymns! I looked up Chubby Wise playing this and thought it cute how he covers his ending with a pop of the string.

Justine
    Justine
    Participant

Thank you for this…can’t wait to get started on the easier form of it!

ruckydoo
    ruckydoo
    Participant

Just started HOW GREAT THOU ART tonight.  Has been a favorite hymn for decades and now I’m taking my first crack at it.  After listening to Mr. Wise, I want to learn is version too.   This will go over well in the local nursing homes too.  Sure appreciate all that you’re doing to promote our kinds of music.  Keep up the splendid work!

nagumaq
    nagumaq
    Participant

That was so beautiful John, thank you !

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thank you! Ralph, hope it goes well for you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.