I almost got a Blue Violet Waltz recorded today…

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? I almost got a Blue Violet Waltz recorded today…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Almost is the key word, here.  I put on a scratch track to go by, then two guitar tracks…then played the fiddle part…like 50 times…lol…it just sounded screechy and pitchy.  Of course I was in a rush, mentally, because I’m waiting for my grandson to come over for his regular “Granny Day,” and he’s late, so I went down to record while he was late…but I think I wasn’t relaxed enough to make this thing sound good…if I ever can make it sound good.  At least I hope I can make it sound better than what I got on the recording machine today…I think you need to relax and not think about anything else, i.e., especially not feel like your racing the clock, with something like Blue Violet Waltz.  I hope I get the chance to try it again tomorrow…I’ve got the backups on there…just need to make that fiddle sound decent.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

I love this tune. Can’t wait to hear you fiddle it. 🙂

cricketcricket
    Participant

You might be disappointed…lol.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Ok…well, I’m starting to think of BV Waltz and Bad Vibes Waltz, instead of Blue Violet…lol…yesterday I played it extra terrible…of course it’s just hard to play and maybe I just can’t play the dang thing.  But anyway, hopped on that presonus and tried this morning…well, I do have new software on there because of our recent computer crash…so…I don’t know how to work the thing like I used to, and somehow, I must’ve moved the tracks…because, well it took me a while to know what was going on, but suddenly as I’m putting on a banjo part…the whole doggone thing sounded like a big mess…like people practicing and not playing together at all…took me a while to figure out if I was losing my mind and playing it that awful way, or if something was going on.

So I decided time for lunch when life gets you into the twilight zone like that.  I took a lunch break…went back down and decided no way I played it all out of sync that bad, I must’ve have accidentally done something to move the tracks out of their original position, because I know you can do that, I just don’t know HOW to do that, therefore, I also don’t know how to UNDO that.

So I decided to start all over again, from scratch.  So I went through putting the tracks back on, one by one, and then the power suddenly goes off…all the power off…called up the energy place and it’s off until 5 they said.  Hoping that didn’t mess up my presonus, just suddenly losing power in the middle of something like that.

So…for now, it’s Bad Vibes Waltz, and will be unless or until I ever get some kind of recording up…lol.  Maybe even Bad Luck Waltz…it just ain’t happening for me.  And there’s my musical adventure for today.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Well I gave both myself and my Presonus a chance to cool down…settle out the bad vibes and all that…turned the thing on just a minute ago…and voila, or viola as I like to say…it’s working!  Ok…so it seems to have fixed itself…whatever…I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth…I won’t look a gift recording studio in the mic…no time tonight, but in the morning…I plan to try to get back to Blue Violet Waltz, as learned here on BGDaddy!  I lost a lot of tracks and it kinda went a little back in history from all my recording tragedies the other day…so I will probably, ONE MORE TIME…start again from scratch!  Hopefully I’ll get it on there this time around.  Wish me luck!

cricketcricket
    Participant

I guess I forgot to mention, but I think I did put it on a different post, that my Presonus was unresponsive once the power came back up the other day…that’s why I’m so thrilled it’s working now…just no time now or I’d go record on it right now while it’s working.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Excited to hear you’re back to working with the Presonus. Blue Violet Waltz is a wonderful tune. Looking forward to your post. 🙂

cricketcricket
    Participant

Well unfortunately tomorrow will be taken up by other stuff…I mean, it’s not unfortunate, really it’s fortunate…family stuff that should be good stuff…just unexpected stuff…and of course whenever I start a project and have to leave it hanging like Blue Violet Waltz has been for several days now…it drives me totally batty…lol.  So…my new plan is Saturday…cup of coffee and record Blue Violet Waltz, for heaven’s sake…record that thing…lol.  Let’s see if I can manage.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.