I finally got the chance to try part 1 of Amelia's Waltz

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Video Collaborations I finally got the chance to try part 1 of Amelia's Waltz

This topic contains 30 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

gosh…the day I planned to be able to do this our internet kept going down…then earlier this morning I tried it and my Chromebook that I play along with froze up…lol…it’s a wonder I ever get anything done.  This is rough cut, but if it’ll pass I’ll leave it at that, and try my luck for getting the harmonies posted at a later time.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Great job Cricket I was beginning to think I was all alone.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Ok…now I’m posting on the video I thought I was posting on earlier…I guess most people emailed him their links.  This is the one I had trouble remembering some of the timing on…it changes here and there and for some reason I gave trouble remembering the here’s and there’s.  I hope I can get the chance to try the harmonies, but wanted to hurry and get something up because I know time flys and stuff happens, etc., then you miss the deadline.  Been there, done that, too many times…lol.  I better have my coffee…I think I’m just confused this morning…lol.

kjdebolt
    Participant

Sounded good Cricket.  I enjoy listening to you very much.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Thanks, KJ!  Did you submit a video for Amelia’s Waltz?  These collaborations are pretty cool…John is great at putting them all together so they come out really nice.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Cricket, thanks! That is perfect!

OK Everyone, the clock is ticking… End of September comes sooner than you think!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

That’s the trouble…time flys when you’re having fun!  Or anything else.  That’s why I get so nervous I gotta get stuff done before the deadline gets too close.  Come on, guys…better hurry.  They don’t have to be perfect, he’s said before.  Our brilliant teacher can make us sound pretty good…lol. I hope I can get to one or both of the harmonies, but time is going by fast…don’t know!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

You don’t need me to make you sound good! I would like to get some more folks playing harmony. Hope you are able to get to it!

kjdebolt
    Participant

I’m getting ready to post soon.  Later this week.  Wish I were as good as you guys are 🙁

kjdebolt
    Participant

I might try a harmony after I post

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

We’ll sound good together on the final video…we’re all in this together…the kids in his band camp will pull us grownups up to a higher level by the strength of their youthful fiddling…lol!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

I have really procrastinated in getting my fiddle camp kids recorded. I’ll get onto it soon!

kjdebolt
    Participant

How do I get my you tube into this forum?

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

When you are playing your U-tube click on share and copy the link , then right above area where you post your comments on blue grass daddy , click on the (Insert/edit link) and paste in the copied link into the link box , and press the enter on the link and it will then be blue and will work . if you write before you paste be sure to hit the enter button on your keyboard so its on a line by itself . The link kind of looks like a paper clip, the darker one. I hope this helps .

kjdebolt
    Participant

kjdebolt
    Participant

Me trying the harmony.  sorry it wasn’t better

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Nice, KJ!  Nice playing.  Do you play that beautiful cello sitting there?

kjdebolt
    Participant

I wish.  I have inspired my best friend (she was my radiology tech for my cancer treatments) to take up the cello.  We play together now (or try to lol) and she videoed me for this submission.  We are both over 60 and trying to live out our days doing what we love and part of that is music (she plays the piano as well) and we also share our love of horses.  Thanks for the compliments.  I know it could have been better but the red light syndrome hits hard!!!!

kjdebolt
    Participant

I really wish I had started this instrument years ago.  But I’m gonna enjoy every minute I have left!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

That sounds like a very nice thing, the two of you enjoying playing.  I think we all wish we would’ve started playing earlier, but, one foot in front of the other…and we gotta remember to enjoy the journey.  Sometimes it gets frustrating because those of us who got a late start don’t always play like we wish we did, but something else always brings us back to realizing the joy of just playing….meanwhile, one foot is still going in front of another, and we are making more progress than we think.  You’ll love being a part of the video compilation…it’s a real boost to our confidence to see us all playing together.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Kj, I don’t know if you submitted these directly to John, but they ended up in a spot here on the forum where they might not be noticed,..maybe you oughta make sure John knows you made these videos, in case he might miss them, if you haven’t already contacted him.

kjdebolt
    Participant

How do I contact him?

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well apparently he’s been pretty busy lately or he’d be on this forum more…if he doesn’t answer that he got your video on here in a few days you might want to email him that it’s here, or email him the link.  He’ll probably get on here and make sure he’s got everybody before he compiles the video.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

This has been a crazy month. It’s 2:37 AM and I’m still up working. But November is looking better!

Thanks KJ, I got the videos you send using DropBox! I’ll be working on this ASAP. The deadline is not in the past, but if anyone else wants to get their video in, I’m sure I won’t be finished with the compilation for a few weeks. Feel free to send it!

peggys
    peggys
    Participant

That’s good to hear…might have a shot yet!

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

I got out my fiddle today and messed around with it. I think I can get something in too.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

That would be awesome, Rock and Peggy! Always so great to hear from either of you.

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

John, I’m going to send you a no fret sticker. I ordered one…got it in today and it was a 3/4 size. I ordered a 4/4 today, I think!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Ah OK! Hope the new one works well. Sometimes I have to cut a notch where my thumb sits, or else my thumb pushes the plastic out of place.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Ha, John that’s funny , I had to cut the other side as it was getting pushed up no problems with the thumb side and none since I modified the opposite side you had to fix .

John Cockman
    Keymaster

That is funny! I love the sticker though, it keeps everyone in tune during the group songs at fiddle camp. 🙂

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in