How do I download the video lessons to Windows 10 laptop

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? How do I download the video lessons to Windows 10 laptop

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 1 month ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Hey, my daughter gave me her old laptop…so now I should be able to download lessons from here, right?  I mean, I could I guess on the big computer downstairs with the Presonus, but I don’t go down there unless I’m recording on the Presonus…it’s ain’t a room you’d wanna hang out in and the dogs just won’t stay in there with me, etc.  So, I’m thinking I could download lessons on here, carry it around with me…look at the lessons here and there or even just fiddle around with them upstairs where I stay all the time…well, i could do that just online, as I’ve done, but i was thinking maybe I’d get more done if I had a few lessons downloaded onto the computer to just look at here and there without having to get online, etc.  Well…I tried to download some….mostly the ones I worked so hard on before and then forgot…lol…ouch…but i tried to download the lesson and all I got was a link to the webpage.  i did get mp3 jam tracks downloaded, but I thought the video lessons could be downloaded…can they be?  I thought they could.  This is an ACER laptop with the dreaded Windows 10 slow poke on it.  I just finally learned to right click on the doggone thing…lol.  Anyway…can the videos be downloaded, and if so…how does a person do that?  Wanting to learn this stuff!  I mean, not the technical stuff…I need to learn that, because I’m wanting to re-learn, and learn more new stuff and the way my time is all chopped up and everything I was thinking it might be easier if I got them onto this laptop.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

I can’t download them either Cricket, with my downloader.  Maybe it can’t be done.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Cricket download the videograbber.net

Keymaster
    Joe, you don’t need the pro version. I believe you can do unlimited screen recording by going here and clicking the “record screen” tab in the lower right. You may need to download and install a file before it works.
    https://www.videograbber.net/

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Download the desktop version onto the laptop then keep the videograbber page open and then open a new tab to blue grass daddy and bring up the lesson you wont to download , then leave it open and go back to the videograbber page and click where it says record if it ask if you wont to click yes , go back to the bluegrass daddy lesson and you will see a kind of box on top of the lesson page you can drag it into place over the lesson video you are trying to capture once its lined up click record and start the video , then you have to wait for it to finish stop it and save it , I will see if I can find a video to show you how !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

oh gosh…sounds a little complicated…i might try it sometime.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

It just sort of unhinges me to think of how much I forgot that I worked so hard to learn back when I first joined this site.  I was looking over the lessons the other day, going through Breaking Up Christmas, and feeling like I want the ones back that I forgot.  I’d like to go through and watch them when I’m driving people to appointments, etc., if possible, I mean, of course, not driving, but sitting in the waiting rooms or whatever, wherever…but I realize I need to sit at home with the videos with fiddle in hand too…it’s just that my time is sketchy and broken up a lot of times anymore.  I need to re-learn, Gardenia Waltz, Maiden’s Prayer, Faded Love, Black Mt. Rag, Mockingbird, Golden Fiddle Waltz (in F…shiver, shiver), I once knew all of those in a very shakey way, just enough to start practicing them and then jut lost it all…wanted to learn that Fiddle Sticks one…so much…so much i’d like to learn…why?  Who knows…I have no place to play and seems I never will, but i just wanna learn that stuff.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Cricket the information has been here on BGD forever I have been using it to capture anything I wont from anywhere You do have to download each video separate

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I can’t find a good video on how to record the videos using video grabber I will keep looking later

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Steve, I appreciate your help…don’t go through too much trouble though…I gotta feeling it’s sorta beyond me…lol.  Meanwhile, I found a great lesson on here down at the bottom of the lessons page…Blackberry Blossom…it’s from John’s old lessons before BGD…his JohnsFiddleLessons youtube videos…oh my gosh he plays that one so good.  Can I learn it?  I honestly don’t know…that might be beyond me too…hmmm….too many things beyond me at this point.  but i gotta try it for a while…anybody seen that lesson?  It’s a good one!

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

Cricket, I know what you’re experiencing with your list of tunes you once learned but have now forgotten. I’ve learned so many that the only way I feel comfortable anymore is by going through them on a regular basis. This now takes up a lot of time to keep them all fresh. Time I can barely find. With your busy schedule it seems likely that you’ll forget a few tunes from time to time. Keep your chin up. (I just had a mental image of you keeping your chin so high that your fiddle was pointing toward the heavens) lol.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Thanks, Fred…that might be a good way to hold that fiddle!  Well I can seem to just pick out simple stuff ok but learning, actually learning stuff…yeah, if you don’t play it on a regular basis, it’s gonna get lost.  I was doing that for a while…I was warming my fingers up with Gardenia Waltz (in my own shakey out of tune way)…but…I guess things sometimes get so hectic you can’t warm up or even play.  For a long time, the only playing I did was on the Presonus…usually playing those things on the fiddle for the first time, just improvising as I go…which works out, because on the Presonus of course you can play the part as many times as it takes…lol…learn as you go.  Here lately I’ve had a couple of evenings a week to look into learning some of this stuff on here again…oh my gosh, there’s so much good stuff I don’t know how to organize my thinking or make best use of my time.  First, I wanna get Breaking up Christmas…it’s one I’ve fiddled around with but never got very good at…then I want Blackberry Blossom…but I’m afraid it might be too notey for me…I’m not good with notey tunes.  I’m just too slow.  Well anyway, there’s also an Old Time Blackberry Blossom that’s so cool too…I don’t think it’s on here…but I gotta learn it …it’s also kinda beyond my abilities.  The same thing happened to me on the guitar…I can play basic, easy stuff, but I had learned a bunch of Scott Joplin rags and stuff like that and of course forgot every lick of all of them by now…lol…it takes a lot of time to keep up with that stuff, don’t it?

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I don’t know how John can know so many things…hard stuff that’s involved…he’s busier than most people too.  John…please tell the secret!  We need a lesson on how to learn fast, how to remember what you’ve learned…theres’ gotta be some big secret I’m missing…lol.  I never learn, I just improvise…like I said above, that works on a recording studio, not in real life so much…you can’t stand there with a band and try it 30 times…lol…

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by cricket cricket.
    Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Cricket here’s the secret to Johns success ! Ha play in your sleep and never stop !

https://bluegrassdaddy.com/chinese-breakdown-fiddle-lesson/

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

That’s a great video.  I guess it explains why I don’t know anything…lol…haven’t done all that with my fiddle yet…gotta feeling I’d end up in pretty bad shape…lol.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Haha Cricket, Fred’s right, you just can’t sleep… Sorry BGD is designed as a streaming site. There are ways to use various ripping software to record the videos though. I have had requests for DVDs but I have never gone there. I may start offering videos for download on vimel a la carte, for a small download fee, but that would take some work to set up. Maybe when I get caught up with some of these lessons!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

That sounds like way too much trouble, John…the mp3 tracks download fine.  Streaming is good enough, I think…I was just daydreaming about not having to get onto weird wyfi at places to just watch sometimes…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in