Idea for Cricket

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

So, along the lines of your idea to make backing tracks… I had an idea, and here it is

I can make a quick website (or probably a blog, which serves the same purpose) where people can go and request a backing track in a certain style and tempo etc. And we can make them for free just to have something to do, and I was thinking to set up a PayPal or patreon in case people want to donate some, but not required. There’s definitely market for this, and I could publicize it on a couple other forums (mandocafe, banjohangout, resohangout, banjobenclark, etc).

For technicalities, I’m thinking we just put a basic about on the home page, with an email address, and if they want one, they send an email and we email the track to them or upload to dropbox or similar and then send them that link.

What think ye?

cricketcricket
    Participant

If I could possibly add anything that anybody’d be able to use, I’d be overjoyed!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Gunnar…I might already have a few usable tracks sitting on my computer now.  I also believe in slow practice…I do that myself…of course, slow to me is dead-almost-stopped for other people…lol…but I have made a couple of slow backup tracks for learning/practice, for myself…to put up on youtube and sometimes play on my chromebook at night for practice…I don’t know if anybody else would want that kind or just the regular speed type…I’m open for anything…I just love doing it and really love the idea of the music journeying past the confines of my own house.

Participant

Ok, I’ll try and set it up soon. There’s need for backing tracks all speeds, especially by beginners who want to learn to jam with others. Whenever I get it set up I’ll let you know, I’m definitely not gonna be able to make so many tracks myself, especially cuz so many tunes I don’t know, so your large repertoire will be very helpful

cricketcricket
    Participant

I’ve got your mom’s email address…I could send mp3s to you anytime you want them.  Just holler, what you want, when you want it.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by cricketcricket.
    Participant

I think I have your address too. Whenever I get the site up I’ll put my address and then just tell you what I need I guess

Participant

Okay, I just finished a basic site design, I’ll improve it along the way, maybe add some photos and improve the text etc. but wanted to first get your opinion, do you want to add anything? And should I add your email address to the contact form? It won’t be visible, it’ll just make both of us get the message someone adds

cricketcricket
    Participant

Is it on your blog, or how do I get to it?

Participant

Oh sorry I forgot the link 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ hang on I’ll add a link

Participant

Ok here’s the link

Home

cricketcricket
    Participant

That’s so cool, Gunnar!  I love it.

Participant

Great. Anything specific you want to add? I’m probably gonna add a photo and change up the text a little. And do you want to also get the emails from the contact form?

cricketcricket
    Participant

Well…I’m not real techie oriented…it looks fine to me.  Uh…yeah, how do I go about getting the emails?  I hope my contributions will be ok.  How do we go about putting an mp3 on there…does it have to go into Soundcloud or Dropbox or something? Afraid I’m kinda stupid about it all…lol…but it sure looks like a fun project, and hopefully something helpful for others who love to play.

Participant

I’ll add your address, it’s fairly user friendly since I can manage it lol. My idea was since you only get a certain amount of storage on any platform before you have to pay, we would upload the track somewhere where it’s downloadable and then have the person who requested it download it and then we take it down so we don’t have to pay anywhere for storage space

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh, ok. So it’s basically back tracks on demand.  Well, we can hang onto them on our own computers in case somebody asks for the same ones again, just pop them up there for, how long…a week or so?

cricketcricket
    Participant

I have deleted lots of stuff after I got it up onyoutube…I figured that was a pretty secure soundcloud…lol…but now regretful I did that.  I do have a lot of mp3s though…keeping them from now on, on both the computer and a thumb drive.

Participant

Yeah that’s about what I was thinking, leave it up for a while, maybe leave a few really popular tunes up to stay. I’m gonna change the site a bit and then spread the word on a couple forums

cricketcricket
    Participant

Well let’s hope for the best!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.