If you wanna go musically crazy…

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? If you wanna go musically crazy…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

…just try playing an opera…by ear…on guitar, a guitar that you bowed, and a nylon play guitar, and a kid’s drum…lol.  Well it started out that way but finally someone gave us a keyboard that had orchestra sounds and such…then other helpful things, like figured bass, and if you don’t know what that is…it’s a pretty crazy thing.  Anyway, we were shoveling gravel making a wracket today and then stopped a minute and heard this beautiful voice, that instantly brings tears to my eyes, ringing up over our hill…our neighbor/ daughter, singing and weeding her garden.  Reminded me of the opera she did, single-handedly, two ro three years back.  It was tough…she named her opera company the B-Roke Opera Company…but times have been so busy I think she forgot to start a new opera…wondering if I should dare to remind her?  Could I stand to do it again?????  LOL. Here’s her first and only single-handed opera…

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

Beautiful opera. What a lot of work and what a talented cast. From the technical production through the costumes and acting, absolutely delightful to watch and listen to. Thanks for posting this, Cricket. It’s so great!!!!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

It was tough…took two or three years.  I spent many 10 hour straight days at my presonus only to come out with 1 or 2 minutes of Purcell…send it over to Annie…she’d be like…WRONG…lol…or if I was lucky…OK, MOVE ON TO…blah blah whatever one next.  Challenges every step of the way … but loads and loads of fun and I actually feel kinda lost that we aren’t doing another one…lol.  Remind me to kick myself later if we do start another one any time soon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.