Improvement of the wall…have a look!

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Improvement of the wall…have a look!

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Rock Rock 1 week ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Have a look and see if there is improvement on this wall…

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Nice you have them out and up . Cause when there out of site , there out of mind . My image got turned sideways.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

I don’t know..it’s hard to see the wall with all them fiddles hanging on it Cricket…

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Yeah,..they get fiddled with a little more being right there…maybe we won’t gave to worry about ever painting the wall again…I’ll just buy more fiddles if it starts to look dingy…did I spell that right?

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

That’s a beautiful sight, Steve!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Nice! I like to hide my walls with fiddles too… ūüôā

pipcan
    Participant

He He Its Not Just Me Then

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Wow…looks like everybody here does it. ¬†Looks beautiful, Pipcan! ¬†John I feel like I’m jumping into the wall decor late in the game; it was the Lions Den award that gave me the idea,..lol…that plus using better rosin! ¬†There aren’t many thrills in this world like a free pass in a music store…lol.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

What does everybody do with their cases? ¬†I’m tempted to just throw all of mine away….setting very few aside in case I ever get a place I enjoy going to play again…like, one universal guitar case, one banjo case, two fiddles cases and a viola case…we are all crowded up around here with big ol klunky cases…our house gets so damp I can’t keep them from molding, etc. ¬†I don’t have time to go through and clean them up once a week…have enough trouble keeping up with the instruments…but, in a small house crowded with instruments, the heaps of cases are really in the way. ¬†They make good doggie beds…lol…cats too, but we have no cat at the moment. ¬†For our dogs, they’re too big for beds.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I want a mandolin…really bad…lol…just saying! ¬†Oh no…that would mean another useless case in the way!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I have never touched a mando in my life, actually, but…can it be that hard to play?

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well we just got the viola and the dog’s mouth surgery, so I guess that idea is on hold for a while. ¬†We got rear ended today running errands too…I’m telling you…this place is so busy and crowded and dangerous to drive around in…Mike got T-boned less than two years ago and it really tore up the car and it took five or six weeks to get it back…expensive too. ¬†Fortunately nobody hurt. And, Fortunately this bump today did no harm and we all decided forget about it…no more expense added to insurance, but…seriously, I miss the days when we lived near enough to a small town where we didn’t have a car and I did all the errands on foot….just had to climb up a steep cliff after wading across a gulley to get back to the house…good exercise with a bag of groceries…lol. ¬†Oops…I’m veering off topic.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I am glad for everyone no damage or hurt . I have three guitar cases and two violin cases Two of the guitar cases have guitars in them , I only have one guitar hanging that I use all the time . You would love the mandolin you can use all your violin tablature because its the same for the mandolin .

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Ha you all are almost as bad as me…

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

John , speaking for myself you defiantly got me beat , You Ba-ba-ba-bad LOL

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Yeah, John’s way ahead of me on that…it’s all really beautiful, John. ¬†You even got a hammer dulcimer up there? Does that wall above the fireplace get hot? ¬†Which reminds me of another question…I’m confused about vaporizing. ¬†People say you’ve gotta do it. ¬†Well…once in a while the air does get dry here in the winter, but mainly its damp here. ¬†Should I still run a vaporizer for my instruments? ¬†Sometimes the vaporizer causes mold to get on stuff. ¬†We never vaporized before, but we had a woodstove and I was always cooking something on there, so the house often got steamy. ¬†Do you have to run a vaporizer no matter what? ¬†Like, it’s raining today and feels damp to me…do I turn on the vaporizer or not?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by cricket cricket.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Good question! I’m not using wood heat right now so I don’t have to worry about the dulcimer. We do get it down to play it ever rare occasion!

I try humidify when the relative humidity drops belo 40%, and dehumidify when it rises above 60%.

My dehumidifier has a digital hygrometer on it, which turns the dehumidifier on automatically at 60% relative humidity. I try to keep an eye on it and turn on my humidifier when the reading drops to 40%.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I have Wood heat which dry’s everything out , so I bought a Acu-rite humidifier gauge to keep a eye on the humidity , when it gets close to 40-45% humidity I keep a pot of water on the stove to bring the moisture back up , I really don’t have anything to get rid of moisture when Its to warm for the wood stove , I probably need a dehumidifier¬† as it sometimes gets to about 60% +

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I guess I need a gauge.

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

I guess I need some fiddle hangers!

I agree John has ya’ll beat.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Yeah, Rock…get yourself some fiddle hangers and send us a photo!

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Yea, I think I’ll make some! Felt lined wooden hangers!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in