In the Mood

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

The lesson is up! Thanks Steve for sponsoring this cool tune.

In the Mood

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by John (BGD)John (BGD).
    Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

John did you do away with paid lessons ? I would like to sponsor , In The Mood as I think you need at least one jazz tune , I like this example !

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by John (BGD)John (BGD).
    Participant

Good one Steve. I think I would be really tired after playing like that haha.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Wow! That took a lot of planning, practice, and coordination! Sure Steve, I’ll take the request. But you’ll have to learn the dance steps on your own! 🙂

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Thanks Joe and John I have a friend that plays this on the mandolin in the key of D !

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

What a wonderfully talented pair of girls! I’m so impressed! (This tune is also a great pedal steel guitar tune.)

Thanks, Steve for sponsoring the lesson. 🙂

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

John I will have to do a western swing dance to it ! Fred your welcome my list of songs that I want for lessons from John is at this time complete with this tune I am happy with the repertoire John has already done for me in the past and a lot of tunes already found right here on BGD ! John will be doing this in the key of D for my purposes !

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Steve SraderSteve Srader.
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thanks for the request, Steve, I will be posting this next week.

Bonus: In addition to D, I’ll also key it in G for all of you who have friends learning the banjo. It is a super-popular first tune for banjo because of the three-finger rolls it features.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

That’s nice John Can you do a mp3 with violin for both key of D and key of G ? who knows G might play better than D verity is the spice of life !

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Yes sir! I’m working on this today. And I had to throw this bonus video in — the same silly siblings!

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Good fun !

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Ha John , this lesson must be giving you a spanking ! Good one huh !

Participant

Hey ya’lll! Wow, that was actually amazing. Very impressive!!

🙂

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Thanks John nice lesson in G

cricketcricket
    Participant

This isn’t really my kinda music or fiddling, but watching John go through it really makes me wanna play it…lol.  Great job, John…you can play any style just as well as any other…cool lesson.  Cool fiddling!  That’s amazing!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Nice fiddlin’, John. Great lesson. Thanks! 🙂

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Thanks John for the 150 bpm video played in G just like the lesson tablature , I have the tune memorized so I can play it without the sheet music , Now all I got to do is get the timing and speed then I will have twin fiddles with that video !

Participant

I love all these videos. And Thanks John! Looking forward to playing around with some old Swing. Certainly it’s my favorite from that time. Never thought it would translate to the fiddle (or any strings for that matter). Bit it’s very cool. Awesome.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.