Interesting Trailer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Steve Srader Steve Srader 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Itzhak Perlman is teaching  a series of online classes.  NO, I don’t expect anyone to pay $240 and sign up!   I just think the trailer is very interesting and thought provoking as to be worth listening to.  In 2 minutes he hits you with some great information….What he’s saying is that violin must not just be taught, but it also must be ‘caught’….

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

Very nice trailer, Rodger. Thanks for posting. I agree with all he says in the trailer.

Nancy Parker
    Nancy Parker
    Participant

I love MasterClasses!

We have the Music Academy of the West here  that invites ** students from all over for Summer session.  The public gets invited to their Master Classes.  I usually go to the violin and cello M-Cs.

I love MasterClasses :)

** Most of the students have been playing their instruments since they were 4-5 years old.  They are college grads now :)  )so you know they really play well.)

I get so inspired that I go home and play my fiddle music :)

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Yes learning the violin language , to be as easy as speaking English , Ha , how ever I , at 69 do not speak all the English dialects so I have not mastered English even after 69 years I can not speak new Jersey , or Louisiana or England or Australia and all the rest , So learning all the violin language should not be any harder , But I think I will stick to the Country / Bluegrass language side of the fiddle for the next 69 years ! Ha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.