Is it me, or is this website even slower?

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Is it me, or is this website even slower?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by MoonShadows MoonShadows 1 week ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    MoonShadows
    MoonShadows
    Participant

Is it me, or is BGD really slow the past few days. It has always been slow for me, but now it is taking anywhere from 5-10 seconds for it to appear for me. Same when I click on different pages.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by MoonShadows MoonShadows.
    MoonShadows
    MoonShadows
    Participant

Even when I posted the above, it took 9 seconds to appear….

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

It hasn’t been slow for me today, but there’ve been times when it was klunky and slow.

JBounds
    JBounds
    Participant

For me it has some. Like when I sign in and try to go to a pages.

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

It’s been slow for several days now, Jim. Every once in a while it goes on the blink for some reason.

John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I’ll put a work order on this…

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

Thank You, John (BGD). 🙂

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

I visit most every day and haven’t noticed any significant difference…this site is always the slowest I go to and takes the longest to load.

Actually seems rather quick tonight…

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by fiddlewood fiddlewood.
    Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

5-10 seconds? I almost never have any website load that fast. 20 seconds is fast, and some sites don’t load under a minute. This website is sometimes slower and sometimes faster than other sites I visit

MoonShadows
    MoonShadows
    Participant

Any news on the work order, John? I have 100+ mbps download speed and 8+ mbps upload speed. It is still taking about 10 seconds to connect with BGD, and 10 seconds to go between pages. By far, the longest wait for any website I visit. Are you on shared hosting or VPN (cloud) hosting?

Edit: Keep getting caught in a loop that won’t allow me to make this post. Saying: ERROR: Duplicate reply detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!  But, it is not posting. Adding this to see if it will post now.

MoonShadows
    MoonShadows
    Participant

OK. Finally was able to make the post. Feel like it is 15 years ago, and I am on dial-up for my connection. Excruciatingly slow. I am guessing you are on shared hosting.

John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I’m glad you finally got it posted! 🙂 I’m on GoDaddy’s managed wordpress server. We took a look and at the time it was moving fast, then I guess it slowed down again. Taking another look now.

John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Right now a Pingdom test has it loading in one second with a grade of B. I wish it were consistent. Maybe a plugin is acting up.

MoonShadows
    MoonShadows
    Participant

Wow, what a difference a day makes. Just clicked my bookmark for BGD, and the connection was almost instantaneous. I have never connected to BGD this fast. Even switching between pages is lickity split. Perhaps the kink has been worked out. Thanks, John.

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

Most of the times I go online to this site, I can count to ten before anything happens. Sometimes longer than that. It’s erratic for sure. Same kind of conditions that happened back a couple of months ago.

Tonight it seems to be loading within 6 to 7 seconds.

Good luck. 🙂

This morning, 11/7/2019 it’s taking 14 seconds. 🙁

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Frederick Frederick.
    Edmo45
    Edmo45
    Participant

This set has been very slow, lately, for me, too. Takes a very long time, to load, change pages, make posts…pretty much everything…

MoonShadows
    MoonShadows
    Participant

Yup, real slow again.

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

It’s been pretty quick for me

MoonShadows
    MoonShadows
    Participant

It depends on when you are accessing the server and the resource demand on the server when you access it.

John mentioned BGD uses GoDaddy’s Managed WordPress Hosting. Even though they call it “managed”, I believe, from what I have read, it is still ‘shared” hosting. Shared hosting means the website resides on a server, along with maybe hundreds of other websites. Since a server can do only so many processes in any given moment, if there is a lot of server resources being used by other websites, all the websites on that server will slow down. If there are fewer server resources in demand, the website will speed up. Shared hosting has some pros, but one of the biggest cons is speed. You can have your website fully optimized, but you are at the mercy of the server and the demands it is fulfilling at any given time.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.