Is it warm yet?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 9 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Brrrr…supposed to be starting on our warmup today, but it just still feels awful cold…anybody else warming up yet?  Cabin fever has set in here…among the chihuahuas and people…I found myself listening on iPad and thinking hard about the new Purcell thing I’m supposed to be working on, Sweeter than Roses, but can’t bring myself to go into that cold recording room yet…I’m just at the thinking and listening stage anyway…I made some steamed rice noodles out of sheer cabin fever and to just busy my hands while think8ng about how I should attempt to go about the newest Purcell song once it warms up enough to brave the Presonus room again…standing over steaming noodles in the kitchen was great…I almost jumped into the boiling water, myself…but…supposedly it’s warmer today…sure doesn’t feel like it yet to me…then supposed to be 60 on Thursday…that’s gonna really set us on the roller coaster…below zero all these days and then 60?  I guess our friendly winter viruses will have a hay day with that…lol.  Hope everybody’s enjoying their January thaw, if you’re getting one!  I guess I’ll have go to the swimming hole later in the week!

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

we hit double digits for a high today…heat wave!

My Sister and I have been taking the dogs next door to each others house to let them visit this last week because their “out times” have been so short lately.

With such short times out, they tend to want back out again constantly, so the visiting thing lets them expend some energy without freezing their paws, etc.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by fiddlewood fiddlewood.
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Yes, ours keep wanting out…constantly…take a few steps, then wan5 back in.  I think they’re hoping one of these times it’ll feel good enough to stay outside for more than a minute.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Right now it’s 10 below F. here.  I’m keeping two Siberian Huskies (one is mine) and they won’t stay in the house more than a few minutes before they want back out.  I have an old couch on the porch they use for a bed, but most of the day they want to be in the yard just laying around on the ice packed snow.  When they sack out for the night they curl up on the couch, but I have really watched for any sign they even feel cold feet or anything else & have never seen any sign of it, even when it’s been close to 40 below.  If you make then stay in the warm house it makes you feel like you’re abusing them.  It’s supposed to keep dropping here for the next day or so, down to about 30 below and you guys all the way down through the east coast normally get our weather, although moderated quite a bit, a few days later.  Enjoy.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well that sound sounds way too cold, Rodger…those huskies are amazing!  Chihuahuas would definitely freeze up in a minute up there…I’d probably have to try litter box training them…lol.   It did get warm here…now more like regular wintertime…not freezing, but waiting for a winter storm in several hours.  Stay warm, Rodger!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

It really warmed up fast here! I have actually been on a field trip to Mexico with my two oldest daughters for the past week and it was room temperature the whole time. Not to make you jealous, but… beaches and ruins…

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Woah!!  John, that must be awful for you,  no internet!  But!  I’m glad we got a picture of you sitting still,  sipping on a fruity drink,  doing nothing!  Doing nothing while the girls are wrestling with Iguana’s!  The weather and view look great tho,  ( it’s snowing like crazy here )  ( closed down our town )  is that an old Mission down there?  Well I guess your back to reality now,  enjoy the weather out there in North Carolina!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well, yeah, ok…you succeeded…I am jealous…lol…I’ve been freezing!  Looks like you guys had a great time…somebody else I know was in Mexico too…I should’ve sent Crickie and Butt-butt along…they can’t stand anything besides Mexican beach weather…they sit under blankies and whine about it all the time.  But welcome back to the cold, harsh reality of wintertime…hope y’all enjoyed it.  Is this storm coming at you?  It’s about an hour away from us…I hope grandson gets some good sledding out if it…might as well have fun if you have the winter weather!

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

In the 50s here yesterday…freezing rain & snow again last night…The North wind is chilling the house big time.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Thanks Rock, it was very tough to be without internet but also very re-energizing, and now I have some great memories. We attended two weddings in Merida and we didn’t even know the couples! It was my first trip to Mexico and we learned a lot. Long story, but I even bribed a police officer. Good times.

Cricket, we were a long way from Chihuahua but your little pups would have fit right in! There are tons of tiny dogs down here, and most were wearing their little winter sweaters because of the cold snap (it got into the 60s a night).

Dave, I think we brought some warm air back home with us! It didn’t last, though… It’s below freezing again here, and three inches of snow in tomorrow’s forecast.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

John, next time I’m sending my Chihuahuas with you guys…they won’t pack their sweaters…60s are ok for them!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Nice seeing how things are in far away places , but there’s no place like home

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Bribing seems to be a big thing down Mexico way,  I used to sell containers of used clothing down there and a lot of checkpoints and a lot of money paid! Did your bribe have anything to do with your drinking habits,  long story,  I have time!  🙂

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Haha Rock, did I mention the flights were really cheap? Well, our flight out was at 3:50 AM. So, I was heading toward the airport around 1 AM to drop the rental car off, and I guess I looked like easy pickings. I was driving with traffic but got pulled for exceeding safe speed for the wet conditions. He said I could come to the courthouse tomorrow to argue the ticket, or come the station to pay it right away. I asked if he could pay it for me, and he said he could do that, so I paid it to him in cash right there on the roadside. I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t try that in the States!

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

John,  I’m pretty sure he took it right down to the police station and payed it for you.  You made a wise decision there!

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

The police down there are much nicer than up here.  Up here they won’t do all that work for you…

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Haha yes, I think he headed straight for the station. 🙂  The girls consoled me by saying he probably had a sick child at home and we were paying for the medical bills…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in