John must be busy with the new babies

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? John must be busy with the new babies

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 3 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Hope all is ok with John, our BGDaddy!  Where are you , John?  I’m figuring he’s staying pretty busy between work, gigs, and new toddlers in the house.  Hope all is going well and happy there.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Yes He has been as absent as Great Scott ! It’s ok though , with no one to moderate we can do what we wont ! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ! Yah ! Get down , Lock and load , Yee , Hah ! Go Cricket Go Weeeeeeeee ! We could even teach some Ole’ Atonal music lessons , Hah ! Out of site out of mind , Who did you say again, maybe a poster placed in the missing persons board would help !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

ALright, Steve…time for us to go wild!  The cats away and the mice shall play.  Hey, I noticed too that Gunnar is suddenly not here.  Where is everybody?  First, Gu, Rock, Great Scott…John, Gunnar, and others who frequent the board are scarce these days.  Well I hope everybody’s just busy, hopefully busy with gigs and lots of demands for their fiddling!  Or busy with something just as good.  Of course, maybe they are tired of social media…I’ve cut way back…I need more real life and less social media, myself.  My husband says I bore people to death with my books…lol.  But I’ve kept Facebook and BGD.  Although I’ve cut back on FB.  There used to be more comunity interaction among people in person…I think since it seems to have faded, social media came in its place, but in the process even further destroyed community interaction.  I mean…go outside and try to talk to your neighbors and you will always be interrupted by something happening on their phone…lol.  That’s our modern life, hey?  I’m not off topic yet, am I?  What’s the current price of tea in China?

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I keep finding myself staring at the two plants I just added my hydroponic nutrients to.  Lol…I’m expecting miracles from that stuff.  We used to always have gardens, moved here to this hillside postage stamp and it took me years trying to garden.  Finally, I started trying other ways to grow things…well, it got really interesting. I started seed bombing (saw it on the net), no till gardening of various types, a little bit of container gardening (not thrilled with that), then just transforming the yard into edible yard…etc.  Well, it’s been interesting and the awful hillside has sort of been a blessing in disguise.  I’ve been in constant experimental mode for years now…and it’s gotten to be a lot more fun for me than regular gardening…I’m amazed at the amount of food we’ve gotten in the past few years…so much so that now I’m getting greedy about it…tired of lookn’ for good produce in the store and I want it all fresh or in my own freezer!  Then I discovered this guy’s youtubes, I mentioned him somewhere else…Mike Van Duzee…he has experimented with the Kratsky hydroponic technique, which is low tech, cheap, hydroponics.  Well that made me go nuts and now I’m ready to start fiddling with that too…but so far I”m just sort of watching the two plants I’ve got the solution in.  Usually from storebought cabbage, I’ll save the core, put it into a dish of water and let new leaves come up and then by time for seed starting I’ve got something to go into the ground while I’m waiting for my seedlings to get big enough to go into the ground.  You get little bitty cabbages or just leaves that way.  This time, my cabbage cores that have leaves and roots …couple of them got the hydroponic solution added. It wasn’t meant to be used like that…you’re supposed to put a seedling in there, not an old core that coming back to life again…but…well I don’t have seedlings yet, so I went ahead with that idea.  I mean, the core could rot some and mess the whole thing up…that’s why I only did two of them that way.  But, I’m watching…hoping to see something wild and crazy happen to those cabbage cores.  Soon I will start my seedlings.  I’m probably way off topic…time for me to get to those dishes in there waiting patiently.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Noooooooooooooo, not atonal lessons!!! LOL you guys so sorry about being AWOL lately. I have been lurking every chance I get. However, I do have more freedom in my schedule coming up almost immediately.

My teaching and research load at Appstate has been heavy this semester, but that isn’t why I have been in hiding. I am currently finishing up a big construction project that has turned BGD studios upside down for a second time in the past year. Because of these two boys I am fostering (which gives me five kids at the present!), I have redone the upstairs including tearing down a few walls in order to make more room. I have also just finished creating an AirBNB apartment in my basement, about 500 square feet with bathroom, kitchenette, and sleeping for 5, so now if you ever come to visit, you will have a place to stay! All these projects should be finished this week, plus Valentine’s day and my oldest daughter Arwen’s birthday and a concert in Winston Salem this weekend, and then I am determined to get back into the studio!

I have about six lessons that are “almost” finished, so once I get started, they should move pretty quickly.

Musically speaking, I have been as busy as I can be without touring. In addition to the Cockman Family, I have been helping out two local bands, plus my daughters from time to time. I will also be playing fiddle in an area production of “Bright Star” by Steve Martin, which has been a lot to learn! Here is a link to the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYPcC_Fibd78P7achV27WqpcmCbeNdRO6

The tune Entre’acte may actually be a fun one to teach here.

Anyway, I hope you all are having a great week! I am going to try to get caught up on some other threads today between classes. I miss you all!

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

John, you’re learning what???  All that for one gig?   Do you get to cheat?  I’m working on Finale for orchestra today, and of course we cheat all the way through.

Maybe with the introduction of Atonal music we have gone to Atalking forum and Asounding fiddles?   Right now I’m suffering from an Abreakfeast morning and an Afire fireplace…Friday our winter fiddle camp starts and at least we won’t have to suffer an Afiddle camp winter anymore.  Outside it’s still Awarm and most folks are looking foward to some Acold weather.  If I don’t remedy my Ashower morning I’ll surely be Asocial the rest of the day…

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

What? Is THAT all?  We’re going rogue here!  Sounds like you’ve got that candle burning at both ends again, plus burning along the middle too…yikes…how do you manage?  Sounds like it’s all fun, but … well you’re gonna be worn out!  Thanks for checking in!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

ARodger…you’re Atoo Afunny…lol.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

If we get too Afunny we’ll be on here all ………Alone….

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

I’m still here, been lurking every day, but between the youth worship band, two jobs, starting piano/theory lessons at church, and the typical length of my posts here, I haven’t had time to make myself heard on here. I guess you’ll have to call of the rioting, since John made it back. Shame, I wanted to mutiny : (

Anyway, I am still here and doing fine, and I don’t plan to leave any time soon.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Rats the mutiny is off for now , Not to worry , maybe he’ll disappear again !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Good to hear from you too, Gunnar. Sounds like you’re staying busy with lots of fun stuff too!  Yes, everybody hear that, what Steve said…cancel the mutiny…no riots or anything at this time!

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by cricket cricket.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Haha mutiny aboard the HMS BluegrassDaddy! OK, Cricket and Steve, you’ll now be swabbing the deck and eating nothing but maggoty bread for the next week!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Well shivers me timbers protein , could be worse !

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Cabin fever! Next time a mutiny is staged, call me first, cuz I want in on it. But don’t tell John. I don’t need maggoty protein 😉

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Oh yeah…next time we plan something big, we wait and make sure John is catching up on his sleep. (hint… he rarely sleeps…probably sleeps with one eye open and one ear on alert)  That maggoty bread ain’t so bad if you have enough butter.

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Lol

kjdebolt
    Participant

I’ve been busy too.  I started the cello – Cricket you and my friend inspired me.  It’s really fun.  However, I am still working on the fiddle.  Wish I weren’t so afraid of posting.  I am working on the Kerfunken Jig.  It’s really fun!  I’m also trying it on the cello – sounds great.

Angela
    Participant

Work. Work. Work. Flu. I’ll be back soon

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Kj…CELLO????  Oh, cool!!!  Hope you play something for us one of these days.  All I’ve been doing is having staring contests with my cello…i gotta get back to that thing…hard to play!  I ain’t gettin any better just lookin at it!

Angela…stay away from that flu!  Ain’t good fur ya.  Don’t work too hard…hope you’ll be feeling great and posting more videos soon!

Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

Mutiny ?

this website where to buy proscar in singapore Haha mutiny aboard the HMS BluegrassDaddy!

A good captain would have one the two leaders walking the plank.

So the rest of us don’t get any ideas.
    Kind of use one as an example.

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Yeah! What Kenny said! Walk the plank! And you cellists, play! I wish I had a cello…. but then again, there’s almost no instrument that I don’t wish I had one of

John Cockman
    Keymaster

A special offer for today, I’ll tell you what I’ll do.
    All those who sign without delay will get a free tatoo!
    Why, it’s like money in the bank,
    Ccome on, join up and I’ll be frank
    Unless you do you’ll walk the plank,
    The choice is up to you!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Hey, that looks just like us!

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

That IS us

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

uh-oh! I think I better go trim my mustache!

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by cricket cricket.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in