John’s Fiddle Lessons in Boone and Blowing Rock, NC

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? John’s Fiddle Lessons in Boone and Blowing Rock, NC

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Frederick
    Participant

Hi Dr. John.

Are you still conducting lessons in the evening hours in Blowing Rock and/or Boone? If so, I am in the area for a short time and would love to actually come to one of your get-togethers and meet you. I tried this a few years back but was driven back from extreme thunder storms and missed the opportunity. Please advise as to dates and times and locations. Thanks in advance. Fred

You may notify me at adirondackcomposer@gmail.com

or here through your fiddle website. Thanks, again.

Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Try and email him @ cockmanje@gmail.com, I emailed him a week ago and he got right back with me

Frederick
    Participant

Thanks, Gunnar. I’ll do that. 🙂

cricket
    Participant

Hope you can get there, Fred!  If you do, take some pictures!

Frederick
    Participant

I intend to make every effort to finally get to meet John. I sure will take pictures, Peggy.

I think I’ll be around here in TN for at least another month as I’ve picked up a whole bunch of playing dates already.

cricket
    Participant

Cool…ENJOY!

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

First “Fiddle Camp” of the summer will be at my place on June 1st!

Time: 6:30 pm
    Place: 215 Apple Way, Blowing Rock, NC 28605

RSVP and come early for a hot-dog roast at the fire pit!

Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

John, I plan to be there in early July, I’ll let you know when I figure out exactly when

Great Scott

Hope you have a blast at John’s Fiddle Camp, Fred.

John, can you throw a veggie burger in the fire pit for me, and if can’t make it then you can mail it to me.  🙂

fran h
    Participant

I hope everyone that plans on going to meet John has a great time. He is a great guy with a great family. I hope to make it back again sometime.  And try not to take the “back” way to his house.  It is most treacherous.  lol

goettjp
    Participant

My wife just returned from a week in Blowing Rock/Boone area…. actually Banner Elk.   Riding her horse at Moses Cone, etc.

I stayed home and did chores…. 😉

cricket
    Participant

Hope it’s a great summer for the fiddlers who get to go to Blowing Rock this year!

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

You all are welcome to drop in any time this summer! Mail me at john@bluegrassdaddy.com for a heads-up on where we will be each Tuesday. We are rotating houses!

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Beginner class playing Skye Boat Song

ruckydoo
    Participant

Seeing so many involved with violins is encouraging.    A 90 years old friend resurrected an ancient instrument and likes to practice with me.   Not too many of us but fun anyhow!    Not many violin teachers in these parts  but BGD helped me…enormously!

cricket
    Participant

Lucky kids to have access to this!  Have a great summer!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.