Just a Closer Walk with Thee

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Tune-specific help and comments Just a Closer Walk with Thee

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I’ve been wanting to do this beautiful old hymn for quite some time.  Thanks, Steve, for requesting it!

Just a Closer Walk with Thee

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Thanks for the lesson John and Steve. Very nice.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Thanks John , love it , I knew it would be pretty ! John on the main performance MP4 video are you kicking it off with the beginner version then 2nd with the intermediate ?

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by Steve SraderSteve Srader.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by Steve SraderSteve Srader.
    Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

John , I love the way you sang the tune , You absolutely owned the tune on this lesson , That’s a great singing tune that fits you to a T , thank you again !

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thanks! Yes, the first break is the melody, then the second break is intermediate.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Ok thanks , I though that was the case , So that’s the way I will do it !

Participant

Thanks John love these gospel tunes.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Very nicely done.  What Steve said…beautiful singing and fiddling.

Participant

That is awesome. Your fiddle sounds so sweet… I want to be able to play like that.

ruckydooruckydoo
    Participant

Looking for nice tunes to plug in our church services and came home to BGD.   This site does fill the bill nicely.   Thanks Dr. John.

Participant

This lesson is great.  I must use my G# and it is important to Ring in the song.  You forced me to learn a new note!  lol   David Bromberg has a instructional DVD teaching the guitar finger picking melody in “A”,  matching this exactly.  Both ere rewarding to learn.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thanks Mark!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.