Kentucky Waltz

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thanks John, BGDU…BLUEGRASSDADDY UNIVERSITY Wow! John, I feel more important already! Of course, I will expect a diploma, of course that’s years away! LOL!

Hey, by the way, called my friend Harold Shedd this morning and we talked quite a while, he just turned 84, he’s doing great, he’s always positive and got big plans for the future. He’s such a great guy! He’s working with Alabama again, but he told me the project they did a little over a year ago, didn’t get much airplay, but he said they still sell out at their performances and they doing quite well with their own marketing. I am so glad for those guys! They are genuine and down to earth people, I wish them the best!

That’s what I like about BGDU, genuine folks that have a desire to help each other! Again, thanks for all you do for us!

caintuck

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Caintuck, it’s a great feeling when you walk across the stage of the BGDU Convocation Center, shake the hand of BluegrassDaddy himself, take your diploma, and move the tassel over to the other side of the cap. Just a few more credit hours and you’ll be there! 🙂 That’s cool about Alabama. I’m a lifelong fan!

Participant

Yeah, that great day is a comin’! Hallelujah and pass the biscuits! What a day that will be! Gonna look straight in the eyes of Professor Bluegrassdaddy, himself and say, “Doggone it, if we just didn’t get’r done” as I throw my tassled hat high in the air of that eight foot ceiling.

caintuck

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Hahaha yes, watch out for the ceiling fan. We need to graduate a bunch of us together then head to the Myrtle Beach for a big celebration. We’ll be the ones bringing our fiddles to karaoke night.

Hey, if you get the Kentucky Waltz down, that has to be good for some kind of graduation celebration. It is a tough tune! I think it was the first tune I learned that had notes up the neck. That was a long time ago!

Participant

Yeah, Myrtle Beach it is then! I pretty much got Ashokan Farewell down. So I chose Kentucky Waltz, and John you ain’t a kiddin’ that tune don’t like me at all! I listen to your beautiful fluid movements, I mean on the fiddle, and I tear up and cry like my 3 year old great grandson on a temper tantrum. But I ain’t discouraged, no sirree. Ya see, I am bound and determined to make that little skinny necked thing do what it’s told. Oh yeah I lay it down and mumble to myself a few adjectives but, five minutes later I get back in there and slide the littlest finger I got on my left hand on up to 4 in unison with the A string. Hurts like a son of gun, but in the not so distant future, it will surrender! At least tell the next time I try to play Kentucky Waltz!

Participant

so, John…I was wondering if I could apply for a work study position as a TA for BGDU???  I have great references.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Of course! And I could definitely use a research assistant. But, we have pretty low stipend rates here…

Participant

Angela, that would be great, if you could manage to do it below the stipend rates, at least you’d be starting out on the ground floor!

John, I want to be the head basketball coach! Yeah, go BIG BGDU!!!
    Hey, John I’m so cheap you think I was doing it for nothing!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I guess the saying, “he did it for a song” would really apply here.

RockRock
    Participant

John, was you just waiting for the right time to use that line?

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Rock, I have waited almost two years to use it.

Caintuck waltzed right into that one.

ruckydooruckydoo
    Participant

Just added this to my hope to learn…someday list.   This list takes up a good chunk of my 3 ring binder too

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Ralph, I hope to hear you playing it soon!

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.