Kentucky Waltz Critique

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

Starting over with this thread since I don’t know how to delete it.

The photo is one I took of East Lake in Osceola Iowa from this October.

Kentucky Waltz from John’s lesson after three weeks of practice.  I have never played in 3rd position before or used many double stops.  I can hear plenty of places that need improvement, but this is a start.  Just me and a naked violin solo.

If you have thoughts on how to move forward in my practice let me have it.
    You can be critical because it is the only way I will improve.  I promise I won’t take it personal.  I am here to learn how to play the fiddle better.

Kenny

• This topic was modified 5 months ago by Kenny Kenny.
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well shucks, it does say sign in.  I got onto dropbox one time to put some stuff on there and it confused the daylights out of me, and I don’t think i remember any of the info for how to sign in.  I’d love to hear your practice, though.  What about youtube?  For me, that’s easier…if you just put your cell phone onto something in the room, or yourself if you’re comfortable doing that…you can play it and then share it onto youtube pretty easily.  Not trying to sell you youtube…lol…but it’s easy.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

The link to drop box takes me to a join or sign in page , I can not view your video ! Sorry  , Kenny , John has a great lesson on Kentucky waltz here on BLUE GRASS DADDY ! The measure by measure starts at about 2.05 or so on the mp4 of johns video !

Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

St

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by Kenny Kenny.
    Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Sorry Kenny It still takes me to sign in or sign up page ! Here’s my link to Kentucky waltz I posted 6 months ago or so I need to make a new one I think I am a little better at it now maybe  !

https://bluegrassdaddy.com/forums/topic/kentucky-waltz-5/

Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

St

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by Kenny Kenny.
    Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I post all my stuff to u tube then post the link to B.G.D. The link I just posted is in the B.G.D. Lions den that I posted 6 months ago , Everything you post to blue grass Daddy video wise should be in the Lions den in the forums , I can go back to my very first post , I ever posted and hear what I was doing on the fiddle , One and a half years ago ! This video was my first video in July of 2017 when I was about a a month or so along , It’s good to be able to go back and see your beginning !

https://bluegrassdaddy.com/forums/topic/steve-srader-first-lions-den-with-violin/?action=bbp_favorite_add&topic_id=51065&_wpnonce=3ce6135c05

Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

I’m going to delete this post and start again with another approach.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Yes you can just post the Mp3 on the lions den , Cricket does it all the time , seeing Cricket playing on video is A rare thing !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well I put mine on youtube and then link them here.  If you drop down to a separate paragraph with a youtube link, the youtube itself shows up on this site and people don’t have to click on the link.  I don’t post mp3s themselves…I put the mp3 onto the program on the computer…maybe Moviemaker or Videomaker or whatever it is…the one that comes with windows…I just get onto that, put a photo on, then attach music from my computer, my mp3, and then when it’s done post it to youtube.  From there I can link it on here, like I said, on a separate paragraph so it shows up and people can just quickly play it if they want to…etc.  I can’t stand having my own picture up or having a movie of me up…lol…I guess I should just feel sorry for the rest of the world for having to look at me…lol.  Anyway, like Steve said, I’ve had my rare moments where I set the phone up where it can watch me play, but I’m much more comfortable with me not on there.  I’ve seen others just face their recording device, phone or ipad or whatever, face it on something else interesting in the room if you’re camera shy and still wanna play for youtube.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.