last video update about my injury

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? last video update about my injury

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

hoping im at the point of just focusing on and believing in the healing process

https://youtu.be/RHSmGPHBSr0

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Cricket it is looking great!!! We need more harmonica videos. 🙂

cricketcricket
    Participant

i hope this thing is all better before i learn to play harmonica…lol.

MariaRMariaR
    Participant

I hope you get better super fast, even your doctor will be surprised! 🙂

cricketcricket
    Participant

thanks. my doctor is already surprised just at how looney i am…lol.  ytying to think up some possible music video i could conjure up here soon…harmonica plus voice…lol.

rodgerrodger
    Participant

Oh my…how did you hurt yourself Cricket?

cricketcricket
    Participant

well Rodger, after thinking of myself as nearly indestructable from years and decades of hard work, including tearing down the wall last year and setting 80 lb blocks, tamping tons of gravel, etc., the other night i went walking down the road a piece, where there are sidewalks…walking with daighter and grandson about ten at night. as we croosed the street, i admired the moon and made cooments and the next thing i knew i tripped on the curb and fell all twisty onto my right hand arm wrist…felt like i would pass out from pain, my hand set cocky on my arm, fingers seemed disconnected, could hear and feel bones rattlin around in there, excruciating pain and i knew i had problems bigger than the moon…lol.

Great ScottGreat Scott

I am so sorry to hear about your injury, Cricket.  I was unable to watch your video (problem at my end).  Yes, that moon often does strange things to people. Having them howl at the moon and do crazy things yes.  but I have never heard of the moon causing someone an actual physical injury.  “Bad moon!” (says Great Scott pointing a chastising finger at him.)

I sincerely hope that the injury isn’t as serious as it sounds and that there is nothing broken or out of place.  Sending healing vibes your way and hope you recover real soon.

cricketcricket
    Participant

thanks scott…yes it sorta made hair grow on my knuckles and i felt a howl or two coming on. i did have surgery…which i was terrified to do…goin to therapy now trying to learn to hold a fork with my right hand…lol…its pathetic.  hoping i can make some progress on recovery use soon, before the next full moon if possible.

Nancy ParkerNancy Parker
    Participant

Hi Cricket:  Good to hear you are on the mend.

About 6 years ago I tripped over my dog and broke my left hand “pinky” metacarpal. When the  cast came off, I was sent to Physical Therapy.  The home PT exercises were very boring. I had an idea!

I went to the book store and bought an ASL Alphabet book

“Long story short” . . .

By the time I got to the letter “Z”, my 6-week PT sessions were over.

I could move all my fingers: and was back to playing my fiddle again.

▪️Maybe the  “alphabet” will help you to limber up your hand, too.

Epilog:  One day I was at the grocery store and asked a young gentleman  where I  could  find soda water. He gestured to me that he couldn’t hear me. I remembered the “alphabet” 😊

I gestured to him:

S-O-D-A   H-2-O

I got my soda water and a big smile from him.

When I got home. I played my fiddle.  😊

P.S. I donated the book to the Physical Therapy Clinic.   I often wonder if anyone else got to use it.

cricketcricket
    Participant

oh great idea, Nancy.  well today at thearpy i learned i totally misunderstood the exercises they assigned me last time, it’s too stiff, I favor it too much and hold my arm in an unnatural position, etc., going in the wrong direction.  I got pretty upset when we got back home, had a temper tantrum that scared the dogs…lol…had to calm them back down and then figure out myself…my psycho diagnosis of myself is that i lost connection with my right hand…it doesn’t feel like it’s mine and i’m just all disoriented with my feelings through space of where my arm should naturally be and how to relax it and feel like I own it again.  So…now I understand the exercises, i think, and i also think i need to re-own my arm and try not to stick it into some stiff positioning as if I’m just holding it for somebody…lol.  Long ways to go, I guess.  this is all new to me…i’ve hurt myself quite a bit, almost everyday, but it’s always just bruises and scrapes…this whole shattering up yourself and going into surgery and rehabbing is just so foreign and new to me.  the sign language sounds good.  I believe my daughter has some materials onthat because when her son was born, she used sign language, having read that babies who learn it can communicate earlier and learn to master language better than babies who wait to learn to talk.  So I will ask her for whateveer she has…it sounds like a very good idea you had.

Nancy ParkerNancy Parker
    Participant
    cricketcricket
    Participant

thank you very much, Nancy.  I’m not getting these physical therapy exercises at all.  Glad it helped you, and thank you so much for passing that help along to me.  I sure appreciate it.

Participant

Hope the harmonica is suiting you. I personally love it and found it a fairly easy instrument to at least get started on. It’s a whole world in itself with a great vocabulary.

Anyway, hang in there. Hope the arm healing is moving apace.

cricketcricket
    Participant

The physical therapist told me I could play fiddle or guitar easy starting this week…yay!  I fiddled a little bit yesterday.

CaroleCarole
    Participant

Hi Cricket!

I’m so sorry to hear about your injury, I did the same thing last December when we had an ice storm come through. It was my first since moving here from Los Angeles, where we only rarely had ice on the driveway. I had a titanium plate screwed onto my right radius. Not a fun surgery.

I am a homeopathic doctor and have spent most of my career working with professional and nonprofessional athletic teams. Homeopathy heals injuries and surgeries very very quickly. I was back riding my road bike down in Florida 4 weeks later , down in the drops and everything. No scar, either. Fiddling at 4 weeks, too.  So if you would like some help with that drop me an email.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Hi Carole.  Thanks, very nice offer and I will keep that in my mind if I feel like I might need that. My daughter does a little bit of homeopathic stuff.  I usually don’t do anyting at all…just allow my body to heal as it can…no pain relief, etc.  I am doing exercises for my wrist and hand…they are telling me at 12 weeks they expect 97% back or better.  I’ll take it!  When i first did this, three weeks ago, I could tell my right hand was useless…stuff inside there just wasn’t connected enough for me to have any use of any of it.

I’m glad to hear yours healed so well.  I hope to be bicycling with my grandson again along the Licking River before the ice comes…lol…if possible.  I’ve fallen on ice, down our slippery hill here, gotten banged into fences by goats, etc., and never had more than scrapes and bruises to show for it…wow…what a shock to actually injure myself like this…the therapist tells me it’s the usual story…people don’t break bones doing dangerous stuff as much as they do just with ordinary stuff…weird thing.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by cricketcricket.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.