Lee Highway Blues

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by fran h fran h 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Angela
    Participant

Been listening to a lot of versions and working on this one today. I think I just about have a basic version down. I have a question about the shape and form of the song. So, I guess it’s sort of like OBS with a lot of improv and fluid on the shape etc, correct?  If that’s the case, where are the key signals for the band to change chords, etc.  Is there any kind of true A part B part…

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

This is a great tune. I especially love the version by Scotty Stoneman with all the sound effects of log trucks, dogs and policemen. lol

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Amazing song. Can’t resist plugging the Michael Cleveland version:

There are only a few chord changes, so the band just has to wait for it like in OBS. There is an AB just like OBS. It begins when the fiddler attacks G4 / D0 with extra speed and energy.

Here is the Scotty Stoneman version Fred was talking about, which was actually the one I learned a long time ago. The first part is cut off: The sound is of a truck winding its gears.

also Chubby Anthony with some alternate chords:

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Angela , can’t wait to see you get this one down your way ! Cause three different versions , and soon to be Angela’s version ! Get err done !

Angela
    Participant

Well, I’ve been working on it.  Let’s say the LEAST I sound like is Cleveland.

My version is more like Stoneman.  But, a long way from it.

fran h
    fran h
    Participant

I have been working on that one as well and it is confusing. I get the basic tune but there are so many variations and “sounds” added in and transitions from one section to another. I figured I would just work on the basics and one day get it all together.   So many tunes . . . so little time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.