Link to entire Purcell opera soundtrack

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums The Lion’s Den Link to entire Purcell opera soundtrack

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

just because I love to bore people to death…lol…but I gave to confess, as much as I don’t like bragging…I’m kinda proud of this, including proud of my horrendous blunders, but especially proud of daughte’s ability to take a bumbling kareoke MP3 I send her in the email, and sing it beautifully.  I did all the instrumentals, anywhichway I could, she did almost all vocals, I helped sing sone if the choruses…her dad sang the sailor song, since he was a sailor in the Coast Guard back in the ancient days, and one of her old college buddies sang the Aeneas parts.  That’s it…the entire Dido and Aneas opera…lots of filming, etc., to go…more fun ahead.

https://anniek79.wixsite.com/b-rokeopera/dido-and-aeneas-music

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Thanks for posting the link, Cricket.  I will be sure to check it out when I have more time left… and a set of earphones.  I really need to come back to Earth soon.  I miss all the music and all the audio posts in the (Lion’s Den).

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Wow…you’re in outer space by now…come home soon, Scott, and watch out for that re-entry…I hear it’s a little bumpy!  Come back soon!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Cricket this is awesome! And thanks for linking to the videos on the projects page. You did an A+ job on the music. I’m proud of you!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Oh gosh, thanks, John!  I sure appreciate how much you put up with all of my Purcell whining and headaches…you and everybody else on here!  Man, that was hard to do.  She’s gradually gotten more people interested, and meetings about future filming start back up in June…they’ll have more people than the early meetings we had about the Witches’ parts.  That will involve me a little bit, but nothing like the music.  I’m ready for Pretty Saro, and whatever comes after that…ready for world fiddle day!  But this was a moving experience, for both of us, to suddenly realize we are done and just that we did that!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

The Purcell playlist really is impressive. 🙂

Just three more days to World Fiddle Day if you’re trying to learn Pretty Saro by the deadline!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Yikes!!!  Well I got to practice a little tonight just now…I can play along with the slow metronome version by now…lol.  I sure can’t sing with it…so I won’t be doing that.  Hopefully I’ll be able to get something within three days.  Hope everybody else is hanging in there for World Fiddle Day too!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Hanging in there! I uploaded “The Gael” tonight, so maybe someone would want to try that one out by Saturday. 🙂

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Oh gosh, by Saturday…lol.  Looks like a great lesson and your daughter is so good…she makes the hard stuff look easy!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in