Liza Jane (Key of A)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by John (BGD) John (BGD) 5 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster
    Joe
    Participant

From Oklahoma.

Love this. Great job all the way around.

I did try and join up with paypal but the link would not open up. I guess your site is still not operating fully yet.

John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

It should be working now! Click the “Join Today!” tab in the menu above. John

Clint McCaa
    Participant

Please tab the ending you used on Liza Jane in the video. I think it would be a good video to discuss and show (tab) some kick-offs and endings.
    thanks, Clint McCaa

John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Hi Clint, that is a great idea. I will work on a post for “kick-offs” and “endings.” I have a ton of shave-and-a-haircut endings that I could post. Here is the ending I play on Liza Jane:

liza jane fiddle lesson tablature

If the above image is too small, here is a link to the full image:
    https://bluegrassdaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/liza_jane_ending.jpg

You can hear the ending at 1:36 in this video. You will notice that I start the first note before the measure actually begins, to notify the band that this is the ending.

You can find the entire lessons here:

Liza Jane (Key of A)

Let me know if this helps!
    John

Clint McCaa
    Participant

SWEET !

phil2000
    Participant

Hi John,
    I am learning to play Liza Jane and I noticed you play a few double stops in the video at 1:07. What strings are you playing?

Thanks
    Phil

John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Hi Phil, I am playing the E string open there. “Liza Jane” is in the key of A, and played mostly on the A string, so playing the A and the E together during that song really helps to fatten it up and give it an Old Time feel.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.