Loch Loman, vocals with Fiddle

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Tune-specific help and comments Loch Loman, vocals with Fiddle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello..

I’m learning Loch Loman, and I’d like to sing and play like you do in the video. Would you mind helping me figure out on what measures you stop playing and and then sing? I believe you play the first four measures before you sing the first verse and first chorus?

Thanks for any help…

Also, have you had a chance to look at my last reply in the introduce your self section?

Cheers!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Hi! I am playing measures 13-16, then going straight into measure 1 with the singing. Is that what you needed?

I’m excited that you are going to play AND sing it. I would be happy to give you a lesson some time when you are around!

Participant

Hey thanks. Im trying to figure out the timing with the vocals and the fiddle..and I’m probably thinking to much into it. So you are playing 13-16 first. Then start back at measure 1 to sing? Do you follow the violin tablature in conjunction with the vocals? Sorry if this is confusing and thanks for your quick reply. I’d love a lesson if you have the time. Are you available next week sometime?

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

That’s right, the singing comes right in on measure #1.

You asked about private lessons… I have been so busy building BluegrassDaddy that I haven’t had time for private lessons. I give free group lessons to area youth in the summers at my home, but I have less time for that once my school year begins. I have taken on one internet student using a video conferencing software called VSee, just to see how that kind of teaching works out. I have been praying about going into business for myself, just teaching music. It would be a big step for me, and at that point I would be open to teaching private lessons part time. But for now, I’d be happy if you stopped by for a short lesson, no charge. I’ll send you an email to ask what your schedule looks like!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.