Magic Difference between fiddles

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Magic Difference between fiddles

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I know have three fiddles , My Dads old fiddle I call Poppa Its soft and not very loud , Then Antonio I bought from Kennedy Violins Its more than twice as loud and richer sound , its advertised as for intermediate players violin , I gave over $600.00 for it and it became My go to violin as it sounds much better to play than my Dads old violin its louder and richer , Now I have Maggie I took a chance and bought it from China advertised as a Master violin For Three hundred Dollars including shipping , kind of scary , When it arrived I thought boy did I ever mess up , I was so disappointed , It wouldn’t play , strings were dead , It was horrible , but I took a deep breath , decided to try to salvage a bad thing , I changed the strings to Helicore medium  , Reset the sound post , and made a new bridge , and to my surprise its louder and richer than Antonio and easier to play , sound comes out of it easily , so its a win , I am considering Myself a very lucky Man , I was thinking I could always donate it , If it turned out badly , Now Maggie will be stealing the show , I now know , that making sound come out of a violin depends on a lot on the violin , I have to use a lot more effort on My Dads and Antonio to get pretty sound , Maggie is just magic with half the effort from the Bow ! I will do a video soon ! Once again lucky Me ,  A Frog turned into a Princess !

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

You’re so right, Steve. A little tweak here and a little tweak there and holy schmoley you’ve got a real sounder!

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Steve, did you order it right out of China, where you have to wait a couple months etc… or did you get it through a US dealer?

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Rodger , I had the fever I ordered it through China back the middle of January , Yes nearly two months I was scared but did it anyway , and it would not play the way it was setup , I thought I had thrown away $300.00  I will not do it ever again , even though I got away with it this time . Nothing made me feel worse when I tuned up the strings that came with it and pulled the bow across the G string and got nothing happened .

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Steve, I’m glad your Frog and Princess story has a happy ending! Can’t wait to hear Maggie sing. 🙂

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Me too, what John said.  Glad it all worked out and looking forward to more to follow in the Lion’s Den.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in