Margaret's Waltz

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, the intermediate beginner version with metronome video isn’t working, I see a URL but it doesn’t work for me.

Great ScottGreat Scott

Howdy Fiddleathome, and welcome to the best fiddle site on the planet!

I don’t know what the problem could be.  I just now checked all of John’s beginner videos for Margaret’s Waltz and they all worked fine.

Are your cookies enabled in your browser.  Sometimes this will be the problem in some browsers.

Try signing in through another web browser (Firefox, Opera, etc.) and then go to the lessons page and see if you can watch the videos.  Other than that, I can’t think of anything else that would be preventing you from watching the videos.  Please come back and post if you are still experiencing problems.

Scott

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thanks for tips, Scott!

Fiddleathome, can you give it another try? I made a change that might fix the link in some browsers.

Participant

John – That fixed it.  Thanks.

Participant

Hi Scott, thanks for the suggestions.  I’m using Firefox.  John’s ‘fix’ solved the problem for me, must be a browser incompatibility issue, those are killer sometimes.

I joined in order to learn cotton eyed joe, but I think it’s just too hard for me (the double stops part).  So then I thought I’d try a beginner waltz, which is too easy for me, but the intermediate version is too hard.  so I’m a bit confused. 🙂

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Sometimes it can be a jump from the beginner to the intermediate version! I need to publish a suggested “path” based on difficulty.

RockRock
    Participant

John, I’ve been having trouble with the timing of 1-0 2-0 3-0 2-0 etc.
    I’m thinking of picturing someone juggling, what do you think?

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Rock, I’m delighted you are learning this song!

I think you are talking about measures 18-19. These are eighth notes, so they are just as fast as all the other eighth notes. The best thing I can tell you is to listen to Vido #4, the beginner metronome video, starting around the 1:30 mark.

RockRock
    Participant

Thanks John, will do!

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.