Morning Has Broken

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

This is an online fiddle lesson for the hymn “Morning Has Broken” by Eleanor Farjeon.  This song is for my friend Tom Howell.

[See the full post at: https://bluegrassdaddy.com/morning-has-broken-fiddle-lesson/]

Please comment below!

Participant

The back track link is broken.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Hi Webternals, that sounds like a good start to some alternate lyrics. 🙂

Sorry about the inconvenience. It should be fixed now!

Great ScottGreat Scott

John, I have always loved this song ever since I heard Cat Stevens sing it. I know it is older than that but he made it popular to the masses of radio geeks.

One day you might even get to hear me sing it! 🙂

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Hoho, Great Scott — are you pulling my chain? Would you really sing this?

Great ScottGreat Scott

Sure would, daddy!  As soon as I get all my recording gear set up — but maybe just for your ears only… for starters.   🙂

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Oh man! OK I’m pretty excited about that. Probably more than I should be 🙂

I am a pretty big fan of the music of Steven Demetre Georgiou (formerly Cat Stevens, now Yusuf Islam). I heard Sheryl Crow singing “The First Cut is the Deepest” on the radio tonight and thought about him. What an interesting character.

Great ScottGreat Scott

Wh…o…a, bud!!!  Don’t go getting your hopes up too high!   🙂  I ain’t that good!!  I am barely even passable!… but I do love the song.  And who says you have to be able to sing in order to sing a song?

I have often described him as a “complex character”, and one of those rare and original singer songwriters.

Participant

One of my favorite songs ever!  You do a great job singing it too.  Thanks John

cricketcricket
    Participant

This really reminds me of something funny that happened one time, back several years ago…but…I wont do it!?  I should say, though, we used to sing that one in our old church, long, long time ago.  It’s a nice song…I haven’t played it for years…gotta get to that one one of these days.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by cricketcricket.
    ruckydooruckydoo
    Participant

Heard this song on the radio recently and recalled it being in Dr. John’s lessons so am now practicing it and will hopefully play it in church sometime soon.   Gracias, Dr. John

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Ha now I need to hack BGD so I can break into Great Scott private songs to DR: John ! Wahaaaaaa ha, ha, ha!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.