Morning Has Broken

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

John Cockman
    Keymaster

This is an online fiddle lesson for the hymn “Morning Has Broken” by Eleanor Farjeon.  This song is for my friend Tom Howell.

[See the full post at: https://bluegrassdaddy.com/morning-has-broken-fiddle-lesson/]

Please comment below!

webternals

The back track link is broken.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Hi Webternals, that sounds like a good start to some alternate lyrics. 🙂

Sorry about the inconvenience. It should be fixed now!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

John, I have always loved this song ever since I heard Cat Stevens sing it. I know it is older than that but he made it popular to the masses of radio geeks.

One day you might even get to hear me sing it! 🙂

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Hoho, Great Scott — are you pulling my chain? Would you really sing this?

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Sure would, daddy!  As soon as I get all my recording gear set up — but maybe just for your ears only… for starters.   🙂

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Oh man! OK I’m pretty excited about that. Probably more than I should be 🙂

I am a pretty big fan of the music of Steven Demetre Georgiou (formerly Cat Stevens, now Yusuf Islam). I heard Sheryl Crow singing “The First Cut is the Deepest” on the radio tonight and thought about him. What an interesting character.

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Wh…o…a, bud!!!  Don’t go getting your hopes up too high!   🙂  I ain’t that good!!  I am barely even passable!… but I do love the song.  And who says you have to be able to sing in order to sing a song?

I have often described him as a “complex character”, and one of those rare and original singer songwriters.

Pamela Anderson
    Participant

One of my favorite songs ever!  You do a great job singing it too.  Thanks John

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

This really reminds me of something funny that happened one time, back several years ago…but…I wont do it!🙊  I should say, though, we used to sing that one in our old church, long, long time ago.  It’s a nice song…I haven’t played it for years…gotta get to that one one of these days.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by cricket cricket.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in