Moving back to New York, soon

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Moving back to New York, soon

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Frederick
    Participant

Hey fellow members I will be off line for a while starting sometime Friday or Saturday as I have to pack up my grip, leave TN and head to Arkansas, pick up my wife and then spend a few days there before heading to the Adirondack mountains in upstate New York to live.

I lived there for 60 years and have been in the South for the last 11 years but decided to return home where my wife and I can be closer to children and grand children and other close relatives.

It will likely be a few days into October before I get internet service and am back online.

Peggy, I guess it’s up to you to keep this place going. Hopefully some members will help you revive this forum. It’s been dead lately.

Anyway, see y’all soon. Best Wishes. Fred

MariaR
    Participant

Fred, I hope that the move goes nicely for you guys and there aren’t any problems.

I am glad that you will be able to be near you kids and grand kids! That must be so nice for you and your wife.

Sending prayers and all the good things!

Maria

cricket
    Participant

Fred, what Maria said!  I hope the move all goes well and can’t wait to see ya right back here.  Should be nice to be back with family.

Frederick
    Participant

Thank You, Maria. The only thing I’m not really looking forward to is all the driving. Even though I love travelling, it’s just a long time sitting in the same seat. I have to first drive over 600 miles to Arkansas, stay a few days, drive 600 miles back to Tennessee, stay a few days and then drive 900 miles to the Adirondacks. But of course, it’s all worth it a thousand times over to be reunited with my children and their children. 🙂

I’ve made so many dear friends in TN and in AR that I may never see again and that troubles me, too. But maybe my wife and I will be able to fly back from time to time and visit them.

Thanks, Peggy. Yes, I’ll be looking forward to returning to this forum and visiting with my forum friends. It’ll seem strange not being connected to the internet for so many days. I’m in the midst of learning to fiddle “A Tune For Andy”, another Kenny Baker tune and I’ll miss fiddling and working on that, too.

I’ll be on here a few more days.

Thanks, Ladies. 🙂

cricket
    Participant

Safe travels, Fred!

Frederick
    Participant

Thanks, Peggy. I appreciate it.

I’m amazed at how many tunes I just love that are in the key of F. This “new” tune I’m learning ( A Tune for Andy) is also in F. Here’s the link to it: https://youtu.be/IvVildkUlFE

After I get all settled in back in upstate New York, I’ll record it and post it here. I’ve got it all in memory now but I can only play it slowly and a little fragmented on the second break. 🙂

cricket
    Participant

Cool…can’t wait to hear you play it…it just sounds like your kinda tune!

Frederick
    Participant

Yes, Peggy, I’m having lots of fun with tunes in the key of F Major and one or two in D Minor.

F: Crafton’s Blues; Foghorn Leghorn; Smokey Mountain Rag; Kent Latch’s Fiddle*; Hamilton Special; Mississippi Waltz; A Tune For Andy; Rank Stranger

D Minor: Lonesome Moonlight Waltz; Lonesome Fiddle Blues;

cricket
    Participant

Hard keys to play fiddle in…lol…fun for our Fred though!

Frederick
    Participant

Leaving this morning for Arkansas where I’ll be for around a week before returning here to TN. Then I’ll be here a few days before heading to NY. I’m bringing a fiddle with me to help pass the time. 🙂

cricket
    Participant

Safe and happy travels to you Fred.

Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Oh cool, be safe in your travels and let us know when you get moved in!

Frederick
    Participant

Hello y’all. My wife and I just arrived back in Tennessee from Arkansas. Dealt with stand-still traffic four times throughout the long day filled with 628 miles and 15.5 hours of driving/waiting/inching ahead. I just hope everyone was okay in the various traffic accidents.

We’ll rest here a few days before driving to the Adirondack Mountains of New York.

It sure is nice to see so many folks back online and using the forum here at BGD. 🙂

cricket
    Participant

Be safe Fred.  Thanks for checking in!  Yeah, people are wandering back to BGD forum…yay!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.