my favorite old time fiddler

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? my favorite old time fiddler

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jeffcraft1
    Participant

while his tone is bad hes a good player

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

He was a fiddling treasure…I love his playing!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

He’s a good fiddler but really stands out as an ambassador and an educator of old-time fiddling. I took a group of fiddlers to him for a workshop when he was passing through Boone, and he was incredible.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Oh wait…it was Lester McCumbers before….how did it change to Bruce Molsky???? Am I going crazy?  Well, I think Lester was one of the true great fiddlers who really inspired the old time community.  I like Bruce too, but I don’t think today’s professional musicians are exactly in the same league of old time fiddlers from the past, who more than likely preserved the art.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

I guess Lester got reincarnated Cricket??

jeffcraft1
    Participant

here we go here is a proper video of him

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Oh ok, he’s back, in-reincarnated again now.  Good ol Lester.  I do believe he was a national treasure.

Robin123
    Participant

I’ve seen many of his videos on you tube. He’s adorable and a wonderful player:o)

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

I just noticed how big his hands are and how long his fingers are.  I guess in some ways that could be a big help, but I never saw such large hands.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Awesome video! And yes, those are some impressive mitts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in