My New Carbon Fiber Bow

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Strings and Things My New Carbon Fiber Bow

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Great ScottGreat Scott

Hello everyone! 🙂

I just wanted to give you a very quick review of my new carbon fiber bow. —‘The Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Bow’, in fact! I have only used it a few times, however, I believe I got a very nice, standard CF bow for the money I paid. I feel that this bow lives up to what it is meant to do, and I am very happy with it. And the best thing about Carbon Fiber bows is that they are not prone to changes in climatic conditions, as are the wooden bows.

When mine does eventually need to be re-haired, I would hope that I would be a little further advanced in my fiddle playing, so that I could justify the purchase of a ‘better quality’ bow. Don’t get me wrong! This particular bow is a great bow for anyone who is looking for a decent quality Carbon Fiber bow at an affordable price, but if I am going to have to pay $50 or upwards just to have a bow re-haired, one or two years from now, then I would rather put that $50 or so towards a high quality bow. However, the ‘Fiddlerman CF Bow’ comes with a good amount of what appears to be decent quality hair, so I expect the bow would last a reasonable time before it needed to be re-haired.

PLEASE NOTE: These particular Carbon fiber bows have a hollow core, as do most of the lesser expensive Carbon Fiber bows. I believe it is only the more ‘top-shelf’ CF bows, like the higher – end Glasser and Presto CF bows, for example, that are solid.

Pros:

* The bow itself is strong and nicely finished
    * Good amount of decent quality hair!
    * Nicely balanced and not too heavy.
    * Has a good tip and nice frog
    * The Carbon Fiber is not affected by climatic conditions
    * Comfortable
    * Easily played
    * Has 40 positive reviews from satisfied customers (FiddlerShop web site)
    * 30-day money-back guarantee (ignore what he says about 10-days in the video)

Cons:

* None that I have found

Check it out at the link below, as well as the video review, and see for yourself!:

Here is where to buy it:

Fiddlerman Carbon Fiber Viola Bow

This is a safe, responsible, and professionally run business to shop with. They offer great prices and service second-to-none! Yes, I am a very happy customer! 🙂

Please consider giving some feed back on the forum should you get one of these bows. I am sure the other members would like to hear about your experience with this bow.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Great review Scott! I have never purchased any products from Fiddlerman but he has a great web site.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.