Need some information about Clyp

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums General Help Forum Need some information about Clyp

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Great ScottGreat Scott

Hi, can someone here who uses Clyp give me some information about it.  I want to post some stuff here in the Lion’s Den, in the way of sound clips and I’m not sure if it is a free service or a paid service.

What I want to do:

— Use a FREE service where only me and selected people can listen to my sound clips.

— Use Clyp to post only sound clips in the Lion’s Den.  I don’t want to use up all of my Vimeo account space by posting just my performance videos. I want to house only my original films and music on Vimeo.

I would really appreciate an help.

Thanks,

GS

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Clyp is both free and a paid service. I use the free service. And when I post on there I click on unlisted, not public.

It allows you to upload about 400 minutes of clips on the free service. The paid is unlimited I think

cricketcricket
    Participant

400 minutes per????  how much time?

I’ve been curious about Clyp too…never knew about it until you, John, started putting up audio that way here.

I love youtube, but in case they really go through with this new thing they’re doing over the course of this year, I need something else.  Mine has to be free…we just stay pretty broke…I also want unlimited time…lol…I wanna record and put it somewhere when the notion hits me or else it makes me feel like I’ll go nuts…also, I want it public…I just want my music circulating somewhere or else I feel like there’s not much sense to it.

Free and unlimited and out there where somebody might stumble across it and give a listen…that’s what I want…for now, that’s youtube, for me.  The future seems uncertain with that, though.

Great ScottGreat Scott

Thanks for the information, John.  I will sign up and make an account.  Will try their free service to begin with.

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

Scott, in order to share you have to make the cli public or the link won’t work.

Peggy, 400 minutes per account.

Excepting the few limitations I like it. Super simple & quick to use. I can upload with simple drag & drop from my desktop.

cricketcricket
    Participant

6 and a half hours isn’t enough…gosh…i mean, there’d come a day when you were out of time, then what?

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

It works if you make it unlisted. That’s what I do. I never make it public

Great ScottGreat Scott

Thanks John and Dave.  I signed up.  🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.