Never Leave Harlan Alive

http://ponybreeders.co.nz/canterbury.html This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Angela
    Participant

i know the mystery fiddler!  John, this is awesome. Any chance you would provide the tab for your backup?  And did you completely improv or try to model somebody? Is it f# minor?  It is beautiful masked man!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

This is great fun , He might as well be masked he hides real good behind those post !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Sounds good…but…I’m confused…lol.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Cricket , John is playing the fiddle for them !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

But…why is he hiding?

Angela
    Participant

Cricket….hmmm….maybe he’s under a witness protection program???  Or maybe John charges a lot for onscreen appearances.

(I don’t think it’s intentional.  I think the camera person didn’t realize there was a fiddle player).

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

ok..I didn’t have the chance to watch the entire video, but just the first part i saw looked like he was behind the pillar, facing the other direction…like…I kinda wondered if he was ghost fiddling for somebody on stage, but I didn’t see anybody with a fiddle on stage…lol.  I just about can’t get through a video these days without all kinds of events going on here…lol.  I live in crazyville…what I saw of that video…it all sounded very good to me, but I was confused by what I saw…lol.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Me too Cricket.  I was wondering why the judge mentioned John when he wasn’t there?

Maybe John spotted someone in the crowd with a box of rotten tomatoes?

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

LOL…yeah, something like that.  I really thought he was playing so someobdy else could pretend to be playing or something…except, there was nobody else…lol.  I once saw that on TV…John Denver was wielding, so to speak, a fiddle, singing Thank God I’m a Country Boy…on stage, and they kept showing the guy backstage who was actually playing the fiddle…lol…I was like…this is not helping John Denver much…lol.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Amantha Mill at the Jones House in Boone, NC! Haha I didn’t know this was online. Becca Egger Gryder singing, Tony Reese on resophonic guitar, Zeb Gamble on mandolin and Billy Helms on guitar. Obviously the videographer didn’t think I needed much face time, lol.

Angela, the backup I was playing was totally improvised, but I absulutely loved this song. You are right, the key is F#m (relative minor of A) with some really cool chord changes.

The break on “Sweet Temptation” at 8:43 in the video is also improvised with some John Cockman original licks (I’m proud of the one that goes up the neck). 🙂 Zeb popped that song on us and it had a nice swing feel. It was a fun set!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

It was cool.  Too bad you were invisible…lol.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in