New studio one not working right

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums General Help Forum New studio one not working right

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Anybody know why there seems to be a reverb or echo or lag or something in my newer studio one software?  I can’t play because there is a lag from my hearing time to my playing time to the time it lands onto the track…all sounds terrible by the time I get done.  Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Hi Peggy. I’ll give it a go but I can’t guarantee anything.

Open Studio One. On very top bar to left hand side locate “Studio One” tab and click on it. When it opens, locate “Options” tab at the bottom and click on it. When “Options” menu comes up, click on “Audio Setup” and find “Processing” tab. Click on this and try setting “Dropout Protection” to “Minimum”. Remember previous settings just in case it doesn’t work. Then press “OK” and give it a try.

Hope this helps. Fred

Here’s a Presonus video regarding this whole deal: https://youtu.be/E964SMF6qgs

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by FrederickFrederick.
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Thanks, Fred!  I appreciate your help…this problem is really driving me nuts…lol…trying to play around it.  I will try in the morning…after coffee… a whole LOT of coffee…lol.  Thanks again, my friend!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Well after trying a lot of this kinda stuff and getting frustrated and then talking it over with Mike, who is not as panicked over it as I am…lol…we might have figured it out.  It didn’t go exactly like the video (the newer version of studio one I have is weird, not like my old version or the one on the video), but the concepts on there were helpful for Mike to try dropping a number somewhere in there hidden somewhere…dropping it down one notch.  I tried talking into it and I think it might be better.  Unfortunately I can’t know for sure until I try some real music, with tracks and everything and see how it does…but I am hopeful now.  But I won’t be playing instruments for a few days because my arm got swelled up and painful from clawhammering this week…so…back to resting the right arm…which drives me crazy…lol…but hopefully a few days’ rest and I can try and see if we got it fixed.  Thanks again, Fred, for taking the time to help…I appreciate that.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by cricketcricket.
    FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Glad to try and be helpful, Peggy. I’ve been going crazy trying to learn Presonus Studio One Version 5.1. I have been having a few breakthroughs (instead of the typical breakdowns, lol) and so I am getting to the point where I like this software.

If you need more help, give me a shout. I doubt it but I might be able to help.

Take care of your banjo arm…..:)

cricketcricket
    Participant

Thanks, Fred.  I had Studio One 1 from the beginning.  I’m really slow and stupid on technology, but it all came together for me…not the bells and whistles which I”m not interested in, but just trying to lay down tracks and put them together…all came together for me without too much difficulty and so that means it had to be EASY to use on a very basic level.  Then after this computer crash and switchover, this newer version seems hard to use and wacky and this crazy echo going on in there…lol…I mean, I thought we got out of the year of curses, 2020, but so far I’m not that impressed with the new year…lol.  Hopefully the arm will come around in a few days and I can try some music on there.

Glad you like yours.  Hope to hear a buncha good stuff from it!  Thanks again.  I’ll let you know if I’m back up and running again soon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.