Oh no…can’t get my presonus going

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Oh no…can’t get my presonus going

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Well our computer crashed just when my arm got well enough from the break for me to play again.  Then my dad got sick and we couldn’t really change computers…saving stuff and wiping and setting up and all that…finally got all that done today…then…lol…starting off 2021 kinda rough here already…the studio one software won’t let me in.  We tried so many times I now know the product key by heart…I tried to call…they are out of course…holiday season.  I sent a request for help ticket…but I’m afraid nobody will be available to answer those until the phones are going again.

So…yeah…it’s just hours into 2021 and I’m already losing my mind!!!!!!  Had my fiddle all ready to go and a fresh pot of coffee.  But…now I’m just all frustrated …. again!

cricketcricket
    Participant

My fear is 2020 is now haunting me…lol.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Well I finally got this to happen…but the awful thing is I don’t know how…was lost and frustrated, bewildered and confused the whole time…not my best playing, but once the presonus software finally worked it was entirely different and I had no idea what I was doing. was pretty worn out and frustrated…lol.

https://youtu.be/Rrgbe26vey4

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

I love it, Peggy. What a great way of playing this tune. 🙂 (I now understand when you talk of how utterly confusing a DAW can be. lol. 🙂

cricketcricket
    Participant

Thanks Fred.  I’m not sure what I did right to get this thing going.  Next time I’ll be just as lost…lol…so I’m gonna take notes and try to make sense of it all and I hope it can get easy and fun for me again.  Hope I don’t have to get anymore new computers!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

It’s funny in a way, but I thought that all of the work I did entering notes into scores on Musescore 3 was all in vain when it came to getting those scores into Presonus. But, thank goodness I was able to convert the files to midi files and they went in just as nice.

This saves me so much work it’s incredible. I am having a blast with this program. I also can enter my Audacity files similarly into Presonus.

I just ordered a keyboard from Sweetwater so I’ll be able to use midi notes and save a ton of work while composing.

Taking notes has been very beneficial for me. Also, learning the “F Keys” has been a real work saver, too.

cricketcricket
    Participant

The learning curves are just killers…lol.  If you can get through that…you get the good stuff.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

I’ve even learned how to import midi files into Audacity. Wow. And I thought I was too old to learn.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.