Why was my doggie sketch stolen from the County Fair????

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Why was my doggie sketch stolen from the County Fair????

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Kaeleigh Kaeleigh 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Some here might remember I sketched out a little amateur portrait of our newest doggie, Taffy, and then built up the hues with crayola crayons and decided to enter it into the county fair, basically because I have never ever particiapted in the fair in the 30 years that we’ve lived up here.  So…I’m like, why not…I knew I wouldn’t walk away with any ribbons or whatever, because there is always great artwork in that fair…much better than mine…but, just being a hermit since living here, I thought why not…I’ve got the little sketch, submit it!  I even put up a photo of the sketch on here somwhere…lol.  Can’t remember…I think in the what’s up forum.

Ok, well it was in there in the art show with all that really wonderful stuff…didn’t get anything except the thrill of having my little Taffy portrait attempt sitting there in plain view of anybody who strolls through the art show at the fair.

Then yesterday, went to pick it up, fair being over…well guess what?  Mine went missing.  So…ok well the reason that’s annoying is because, A, I worked at this portrait pretty hard, being very out of practice as far as drawing skills, etc., and B., I had intended to do a portrait of each of our three little dogs, starting with Taffy…finally finding the time (I worked on it while on the phone to keep lonely relatives company…can’t do music or anything of course, so I started getting back inot some artwork while on speaker phone…which i do many evenings)…so now, instead of having one portrait and then moving on…I’m back at square one.  I don’t feel like repeating the same portrait again…so I’ll probably start out with an entirely different approach…but just at a state of confusion…my plans, you know…when they get kinda busted then you just stand confused…or I do…whether it’s some big music plan or whatever else.

It’s like, the best laid plans of mice and men, etc., etc. etc.

So…like…why, people??????  Why, of all the stuff in there…why did Taffy go missing??????  Ugh.  Well, anyway, we’re drinking coffee and waiting for the next load of gravel…then back to work on our wall.  No time to think at that point.  I’ve got dirty dishes staring at me…but do I wanna get in there and do them?  Naaaaaah.  I’ll worrry about them later.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by cricket cricket.
    Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

I’ll venture a guess…….somebody really liked your drawing and helped themselves to it without the conventional permission, etc.  You may never be able to track it down. I’m sorry for your loss. That was an absolutely beautiful work of art.

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Well that stinks. Sorry that happened

MoonShadows
    MoonShadows
    Participant

Sorry that happened, cricket. The nerve of someone to take it!

Saw a good T shirt the other day…..”I used to be a people person…but, then people ruined that”

John (BGD)
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Sorry, Cricket! It was a beautiful piece of art. :(

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well…I don’t know.  The latest is they are looking for it for me…it’s possible some art teacher who brings in 100 or so paintings a year, from her students, etc., could have gotten it back with her stuff by accident…so I’m waiting to hear from the art teacher now…maybe I’ll get it back.

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

Gosh, I sure hope you’re able to get it back. That work is priceless. It’s an original and beautiful! Good luck, Cricket.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Thanks Fred…you’re my biggest fan…lol.  I appreciate the compliments.  Well we just heard the art teacher has it and I should get it back sometime this afternoon.  So I guess I’ll continue on with my little project of doing crayola crayon portraits on printer paper of our precious little doggies.  Buttons comes next and finally I will take on Cricket.

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Glad to hear you’re gonna get it back! I look forward to seeing your next ones!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Thanks, Gunnar.  Taffy is now back home (the drawing…lol…I’d go really crazy if the real Taffy or any others were gone!) and one of these days I’ll make attempts for the other two.  That art teacher was really wacky…no wonder she didn’t know what she was picking up…lol.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by cricket cricket.
    Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Art teachers tend to be a bit weird, my grandmother is one. 😂😂

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

I’m so happy for you, Cricket. Yes!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Thanks, Fred!  Gunnar…no offense to your grandmother…lol.  I’m sure she’s less wacky than the woman who picked up the Taffy drawing.

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

I don’t know, she’s pretty wacky…. well my grandmother knows like all of the gangsters and hoodlums in town because they all go sent to her class, so she knew several of my coworkers…. anyway, there’s different levels of wacky 😂😂

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Lol…ok, yeah… right on about the various levels of wacky.  None of us know anything about that here, of course, though.

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

No definitely not. We know nothing about being wacky 😂😂😂

MoonShadows
    MoonShadows
    Participant

Glad to hear you are getting it back, and that no one intentionally took it…just the wacky art teacher. LOL

Kaeleigh
    Kaeleigh
    Participant

Aw, Cricket! That makes me sad :(

I always put a ton of stuff (including my art) in the fair, and I’ve NEVER had anything happen.

But it is a sort of terrible complement, if you think about it.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Kaeleigh, you probably didn’t see the post where I told that they found it for me and I got it back.  No worries for now.  I betcha you’re a good artist, yourself and I hope you can share some of it with us here, since we can’t get out to your county fair…lol.

Kaeleigh
    Kaeleigh
    Participant

Opps, yes I missed that! Well, I’m glad you got it back! It makes a good story :)

Yes, I sure will share some of my art later on!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.