Old Blue FAIL…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Hey guys…

We were gonna scrub, scrape and sand the porch railings today so we can paint them in a few days when it warms up…but…it was just so doggone cold we decided to put that off because tomorrow’s gonna be warmer…so…peanut butter fudge with walnuts this time…and then down to the Presonus room.  Now, I used to play and sing Old Blue all the time, on the guitar, back in the olden days.  But haven’t thought of it in a good while, then thought about it the other day and decided to do that song.  Well…I worked and worked at it and it just sounds BAD.  I can’t figure out why, but I don’t like it…not sure what I’m doing wrong.  I asked my husband to listen to it…now, you gotta keep in mind he has pretty bad hearing…and the first thing he asked was, “What’s that screaming in the background?”  Which was my horrible attempts at sliding double stops during the “Here Blue” part of the song…lol.  I knew they were bad, off pitch and terrible…but to his ears it sounded like screaming.  Then he said it just didn’t sound “hillbilly” enough.  So I’m like…what do you mean?  He said the singing was too perfect…I’m asking…huh?  How was it perfect?  He said it sounded like an opera singer…I’m like…”You mean I sang it like Annie would?”  He’s like…”Oh no…not that good, just not hillbilly enough.”  So…he said add more bass…well, that’s weird too…for whatever crazy reason…I tripled the bass…added three bass parts with different octaves, etc.  No idea why I did that, but it’s ridiculously heavy on the bass…but he said it needed more.  I’m not sure if I should delete this whole mess or wait a while and see if I come back to it in a few days if I can figure out what’s wrong about it.  Sounds terrible to me.  Fail!  Tired of messin’ with it now and have work to get to.  Plus, there’s just more fudge again now…someobdy’s gotta eat that besides Mike and the Chihuahuas!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Come on Cricket , it will be done after the fat lady sings ! Ha

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well I think I’m the only fat lady around here that I can see…lol…I sang…and believe me, that thing ain’t done…lol.  It just sounds awful!  I can’t figure out what exactly is wrong with it, but it sounds bad.  Really, really BAD…lol.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I think you just got up on the wrong foot today !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well now, that’s entirely possible that it could be my major problem…lol.  Maybe just need more coffee!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in