On the injured list

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Phew. I way overdid it this past Saturday. I went to a weekend jam. It was lots of fun. I played several hours Friday pm and about 10 hours Saturday. I’m paying the price. Terrible tendinitis in my shoulder and wrist.

Thanks to youtube physical therapy vids, ice and ibuprofen I might be on the mend!

MoonShadowsMoonShadows
    Participant

Sorry to hear about this, Angela. Don’t rush it or you could wind up with a worse injury.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Ouch…hope it’s all better soon.  Playing an instrument is really an athletic activity…gotta stop, take a break (not the BG kind), stretch, wiggle out the tension, etc., on those long marathons…can hurt ourselves easily.  Hope you get over it soon.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Angela I am constantly fighting hand cramps and soreness that never goes away I drink some Gatorade or the like at bedtime sometimes add salt to keep it at bay , It’s sad to be at a jam in the middle of a tune and have your hand start drawing up on you , so I fight it daily and can get by , and still able to play as long as I stay ahead of it !

Participant

As they say….getting old ain’t for whimps!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

After an injury, you need some maintenance activity just to stay limber and keep up strength. However, be careful not to overdo it!

cricketcricket
    Participant

I am a wimp…and confused about how it’s spelled too.  Concerning the spelling, usually the other person is right.  So…I am a whimp.  Concerning aging…well I’m a wimp and a whimp…what should I do?

Nancy ParkerNancy Parker
    Participant

Hi Steve –

Ditch the Gatorade and try *Tonic Water aka *Quinine Water for your leg cramps  It may help with the hand cramps,   ** ~2 oz.

It works fast.

P.S. I am not a doctor.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Thanks Nancy , I will give it a try !

Great ScottGreat Scott

Hope your recovery is a swift one, Angela.  The music world needs you.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Well said, Scott!

Nancy BitterNancy Bitter
    Participant

We do a 12 hour marathon jam for Wounded Warriors once a year & we get a bathroom break but can’t sit at all.  If you make the 12 hours you get a certifcate & trophy. Got me one two years ago !!! whoop whoop !!!!

Participant

Thanks everybody. Wow, Nancy…12 hours! Phew! I WOULD be wounded after that!

I’m better. Actually jammed a bit the past 3 nights….with a small group and 6 feet apart. Today we did ALL gospel songs. That was very refreshing. I’m not 100% but at least can hold it now.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Glad to hear you are back in the game, Angela! And yes, COVID-19 may spell the end of the tight jam circle. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.