Ookpik Waltz western version

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Ookpik Waltz western version

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve Srader Steve Srader 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

O0kpik Waltz western version is a favorite , Took a little research to see how other people pronounce it Ha Ha , most people never say the name of Ookpik they just start playing it .  anyway I play this one with John on his video everyday and getting close to staying with him most of the time note for note , I also like Ashokan Farwell as much same place with it , I wake up a lot of morning with these two tunes in my head , so recording these two soon .  Just curious as to where other members are with these two tunes ? I think I would like to play along with other members videos of these two tunes and try to make a compilation of me with members if I can figure out how to do it ? Not sure how to ?

Angela
    Participant

Hi Steve. I haven’t attempted Ookpik yet. But Ashokan was one of the first tunes I learned. I love the tune and can play it in a lot different places with or without backup. I posted it in the Lions Den a cpl yrs ago.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Angela, Ashokan Farewell by you is no longer in the lions den I went all the way back . I found only one of Ashokan Farewell I might try to mimic and that’s Gu on page 38 utube video boy did he do a fine job on Ashokan Farwell with his head dress on really nice inspirational !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in