Open Jams in North Florida and South Georgia

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Open Jams in North Florida and South Georgia

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

It seems I can’t edit a post that I created before today, so I’m trying something different. Jams are starting to open up around these parts–with caution. I’ve taken the ones I know of and have put them on a Google Map. I TRIED to share with y’all when Nancy said she was moving to Florida, but the link didn’t work (was trying on my phone–itty bitty screen). MAYBE I can get the link to post here. Fingers crossed! If someone could let me know if the link works on your end?

Bluegrass Jams of FLorida

Participant

Thanks for posting this. I might try to get to the one near Brunswick GA when we travel through in a few weeks.

Participant

You’re welcome! Thank you for posting…that means the linked worked. I had issues with it 😂

CaroleCarole
    Participant

Hi Lisa,
    How did you find out about these sessions? Is there a website, organization, or mailing list I could get on to receive notifications?
    I am in Southwest Florida and would love to find some jams down here.
    Carole

Participant

Carole…email me. Pix2inspire at gmail. I have some info on jams in SW FL

Participant

Hi Carole,

I got most of the information from North Florida Bluegrass Association. However, a lot of the information on there is out of date, as it’s not been updated in quite a while due to CoVid. From their list of ongoing jams, I called/emailed each one that had information listed to see if they had opened back up. If you don’t see them on the map I made, that means they’ve let me know that their jam is no longer meeting.

If anyone on here knows of any jams you’d like me to add–Florida or not, please let me know!

Participant

I found this link online as well–for the South Florida people. Disclaimer: I’ve not Searched it in depth, but when the winter months get closer, might be something to check in to, for the interested parties…

Southwest Florida Bluegrass Association

Participant
    Participant

I had no problem opening you jam map.  It works great.  The only problem is see is that it should be nationwide and not just the extreme southeastern U.S.

Participant

Hi Jim!

I’d be glad to add some more jams to it. Do you know of some ongoing jams, open to the public, elsewhere? In the blurbs on the map I want to include when the jam meets, contact number/email, and any other tidbits of information.

adding other jam information would be helpful for people on vacation or such.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.